Ebola - God cured me!

Its a testimony site to God love for us , its pointing to God not saying follow her etc.

How can you read the Bible and believe God loves us? He tells us to murder our children, he actually murders our children in their millions.

Look what he did to Job, what a scum bag. In order to win a bet with the devil, he took all of Job's belongings. Still unsatisfied he then murdered Job's family and watched with a perverse pleasure as Job wept.

There are multiple accounts of God being absolutely disgusting to his followers in the Bible and very little in the way of love towards them?

I assume you have only read tiny snippets of the Bible that have been given to you by people with an agenda to keep you believing in this rubbish so I can understand your ignorance. However, if I am wrong and you have indeed read the whole Bible, please can you explain who you get the feeling of love from the text?

I would have thought that the much-quoted John's gospel is the discredited one. I definitely have the newspaper cutting in my possession; I knew it would come in handy one day!

Matthew , Mark and Luke are a confirmation of John so that cannot be true ! If it were you would have loads of Christians debating it all !

So the bible scholars are wrong?

No they aren't wrong its just somebody whose saying something incorrect based on somebody thinking up some rubbish to try to discredit what the bible tells us

---------- Post added 23-05-2015 at 22:44 ----------

Teeny, a small morality based question for you.

Would you kill your child If your god asked you to?

We are not in old testament days so we have no understanding of that culture , for example in old testament times sacrifice was used to bless God . I would not wish to kill my child and in these new testament times God has never required that

---------- Post added 23-05-2015 at 22:50 ----------

How can you read the Bible and believe God loves us? He tells us to murder our children, he actually murders our children in their millions.

Look what he did to Job, what a scum bag. In order to win a bet with the devil, he took all of Job's belongings. Still unsatisfied he then murdered Job's family and watched with a perverse pleasure as Job wept.

There are multiple accounts of God being absolutely disgusting to his followers in the Bible and very little in the way of love towards them?

I assume you have only read tiny snippets of the Bible that have been given to you by people with an agenda to keep you believing in this rubbish so I can understand your ignorance. However, if I am wrong and you have indeed read the whole Bible, please can you explain who you get the feeling of love from the text?

Ephesians 2:10New International Version (NIV)

10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Psalm 139

For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.

1 You have searched me, Lord,

and you know me.

2 You know when I sit and when I rise;

you perceive my thoughts from afar.

3 You discern my going out and my lying down;

you are familiar with all my ways.

4 Before a word is on my tongue

you, Lord, know it completely.

5 You hem me in behind and before,

and you lay your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,

too lofty for me to attain.

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?

Where can I flee from your presence?

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;

if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,

if I settle on the far side of the sea,

10 even there your hand will guide me,

your right hand will hold me fast.

11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me

and the light become night around me,”

12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;

the night will shine like the day,

for darkness is as light to you.

13 For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful,

I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you

when I was made in the secret place,

when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;

all the days ordained for me were written in your book

before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!

How vast is the sum of them!

18 Were I to count them,

they would outnumber the grains of sand—

when I awake, I am still with you.

19 If only you, God, would slay the wicked!

Away from me, you who are bloodthirsty!

20 They speak of you with evil intent;

your adversaries misuse your name.

21 Do I not hate those who hate you, Lord,

and abhor those who are in rebellion against you?

22 I have nothing but hatred for them;

I count them my enemies.

23 Search me, God, and know my heart;

test me and know my anxious thoughts.

24 See if there is any offensive way in me,

and lead me in the way everlasting.

Particularly v13 to 16

Deuteronomy 31

8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

Romans 8

38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Because God loves us we are more than Conquerors ( Romans 8 v 37 ) through Christ . God loves us and wabts the best for us , his love will give you hope on the bleakest of circumstances , there is light always shinning and the light is the love of God . In him you find hope .

This is what I personally have experienced right from my first memories until now .

Edited by teeny

We are not in old testament days so we have no understanding of that culture , for example in old testament times sacrifice was used to bless God . I would not wish to kill my child and in these new testament times God has never required that

I'm not saying you'd wish to kill your child. I'm asking you that in the next day or so your god said that it wanted you to kill your child, would you do it?

I'm not saying you'd wish to kill your child. I'm asking you that in the next day or so your god said that it wanted you to kill your child, would you do it?

I am equally telling you that in new testament times God would never ask that of anyone , but if God took one of my children I know where they are and have no problem with that , yes I would grieve but ultimately children actually don't belong to us , they are ours for a short time and belong to God. Thats not to say I wouldn't be devastated by their loss ! I am human after all

I am equally telling you that in new testament times God would never ask that of anyone , but if God took one of my children I know where they are and have no problem with that , yes I would grieve but ultimately children actually don't belong to us , they are ours for a short time and belong to God. Thats not to say I wouldn't be devastated by their loss ! I am human after all

So you know what your god won't ask you to do?

The problem I have is that there have been cases where parents have killed their children and said they're god told them to do it. They genuinely believed it.

Are they wrong?

Edited by SnailyBoy