Ebola - God cured me!

Luckily, and I hope this may long continue, the power of religious people to influence anyone with this mixed up nonsense as reached a low. You're just left looking foolish.

:)

I would rather look foolish and share my faith with people than end up in Hell and not knowing God

What's mixed up about the planet we live on it seems ideal for human habitation

it is almost as if it new we were coming

Don't forget the dinosaurs too

---------- Post added 26-05-2015 at 13:50 ----------

I would rather look foolish and share my faith with people than end up in Hell and not knowing God

What do you feel about Romans 14.1?

Don't forget the dinosaurs too

---------- Post added 26-05-2015 at 13:50 ----------

What do you feel about Romans 14.1?

14 Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters.

We are discussing matters.

They are seen through the things made

The oxygen cycle

the water cycle

the season's

the earth atmosphere

the earths place in the solar system

distance from the Sun

etc

All of which can be rationally explained without...."a god did it"

---------- Post added 26-05-2015 at 14:01 ----------

14 Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters.

We are discussing matters.

It says 'without' quarreling over disputable matters.

Edited by SnailyBoy

Starting with that premise, we're going to have a bit of an issue if we're going to impartially interrogate a biblical text don't you think?

you may do as my view is very different to yours

---------- Post added 26-05-2015 at 08:55 ----------

No these are facts and what the bible says

---------- Post added 26-05-2015 at 08:58 ----------

As i said very little point as you have had all the answers and you know it all ! You know that you don't want to believe in God but he does believe in you, he wants you to accept him and have a relationship with him

Firstly, the academic interrogation of any text does not rely on my opinion, nor yours. You approach the text as a piece of evidence to be mined to see what turns up. You do not approach the text as a source to 'prove' your opinion. That's not academic interrogation.

What you're saying is effectively like me saying, 'Well, I do question 'The Hobbit', but nothing I find in there will sway me from my belief that Bilbo Baggins is real...'.

Secondly, why would I want a relationship with a God, particularly with one with such a dubious history as the Christian one?

Firstly, the academic interrogation of any text does not rely on my opinion, nor yours. You approach the text as a piece of evidence to be mined to see what turns up. You do not approach the text as a source to 'prove' your opinion. That's not academic interrogation.

What you're saying is effectively like me saying, 'Well, I do question 'The Hobbit', but nothing I find in there will sway me from my belief that Bilbo Baggins is real...'.

Secondly, why would I want a relationship with a God, particularly with one with such a dubious history as the Christian one?

Experience of God love , is better than ant academic knowledge

Millions of people over the years who've died in atrocious conditions may have an opinion on God's love which differs from yours...

I'll stick to questioning and not following blindly with no evidence I think...

If you feel you are experiencing the love of god, I regret that you are suffering from a delusion. You really should try to examine your life and find what aspect of it requires this support.