Ebola - God cured me!

I see no reason for untruths in regards to healing I know God can do it as I saw with my friends(sic) daughter

What has god got against the millions that he/she/it doesn't heal?

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/

---------- Post added 29-05-2015 at 11:35 ----------

No I know there is God...

How? ...or do you just like to feel special?

...and I have absolute faith...

I don't doubt that.

...in that fact !

Why do you need faith if it is a fact?

What has god got against the millions that he/she/it doesn't heal?

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/

---------- Post added 29-05-2015 at 11:35 ----------

How? ...or do you just like to feel special?

I don't doubt that.

Why do you need faith if it is a fact?

I don't know why God doesn't heal everyone but I do know he can !

No I am not special only to God , but that's what he tells us , he loves us

I have absolute faith because throughout my life impossibilities in the normal circumstances , God has always made away even if not in the way I wanted or expected ! Just now I have just given my last savings away for education of my children in Zimbabwe , today I went to the bank to find they have given me more money because of an error they have made ! I didn't make that happen but I know he did .

Faith is important to me because I have a relationship of total trust in God ,,his provision and his love over all my life including the hard parts of life

Edited by teeny

Just now I have just given my last savings away for education of my children in Zimbabwe , today I went to the bank to find they have given me more money because of an error they have made !

The bank realised they made a mistake. The bank corrected it. No god involved.

Faith is important to me...

...and to me too, but I put it in things/people that actually exist. E.g., I put my faith in the people who invented/developed/manufacture seat belts every time I ride in a car. But I don't worship them, and I don't believe they did their work especially for me.

...because I have a relationship of total trust in God ,,his provision and his love over all my life including the hard parts of life

How would your life have been different if there was no god?

---------- Post added 30-05-2015 at 07:59 ----------

Lots of superstition in Africa all over but we don't preach we share Gods love with the people who need hope

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/preach

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/preach

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/preach

You do preach!

Edited by redwhine

You're not comparing like with like. The secular wars, as you so name them, came after a period of industrialised and mechanised warfare. It was easier to kill more people with bombs than with bow and arrow, with machine guns than with swords. That doesn't cleanse religion of it's bloody history.

Chris, I am not saying religion does not have a bloody history- some have used religion to commit attrocities.

However the point was that history in general shows these were not as high as it is made out.

Hence the source given in my post- there was an even more recent study by the Institue for Economics and Peace, which looked at all of the wars that took place in 2013. It found no 'general causal relationship' between religion and conflict.

Look at the secular war (invasion) started by Bush and where it has led- killing millions of innocents. That has nothing to do with religion.

I am sure you know your history, but as a reminder, World War 1 & 2, the Cold War, Vietnam War - had no religious correlation.

State imposed atheism was key reason for much of the 20th century bloodshed- Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao and others. Look at the Christians targeted by Russia under Stalin.

So to conclude, perhaps both can take some blame- but to see some atheists on here jump on the cliche that 'religions cause most wars' is just nonsense and needs a more detailed look.

Hence the source given in my post- there was an even more recent study by the Institue for Economics and Peace, which looked at all of the wars that took place in 2013.*It found no 'general causal relationship' between religion and conflict.

Look at the secular war (invasion) started by Bush and where it has led- killing millions of innocents. That has nothing to do with religion.

Not all wars are caused because of religion. But even secular wars are usually started by god pushing and even god believing politicians. Why is that?

The US, while secular in its constitution, is mostly made up of god believing and god pushing politicians – many of whom are constantly trying to undermine and breakdown the wall between church and state.

Bush and Tony Blair, both god believing Christians, pushed for the war in Iraq. Also, support for the war in Iraq mostly came from the conservative Christian-right in the US. Why is that?

Religion may not be directly responsible for “secular” war, but religious identity plays its role.

Putin, an Orthodox Christian, is currently waring in the Ukraine. And just like the US in Iraq had bible verses on its bombs and guns, Putin has priests blessing its bombs and nuclear missiles.

Religion seems to poison the well, doesn't it.

I am sure you know your history, but as a reminder, World War 1 & 2, the Cold War, Vietnam War - had no religious correlation.

Religious identity played a massive role in WW2. The Christian-right in Germany supported the Nazis. And, of course, Nazi racial ideology was rooted in religion – as were the negative attitudes toward the Jew. The right-wing Russian Orthodox Church also walked hand-in-hand with Stalin. Stalin gave more power to the Church to help drive the masses to war – even giving Roman Catholic Churches to the ROC as reward.

State imposed atheism was key reason for much of the 20th century bloodshed- Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao and others. Look at the Christians targeted by Russia under Stalin.

You mean state imposed ideology. Atheism isn't an ideology: it is just the absence of belief in a god. Pol Pot, by the way, was a Buddhist who believed in heaven and the supernatural.

Nothing of what they did was in the name of atheism. It was for reasons other than atheism.

Theists, of course, have a long-history of imposing theocracy and religion on societies. Only have to look at the history of bloodshed across Europe and even our own country to understand that.

The bank realised they made a mistake. The bank corrected it. No god involved.

...and to me too, but I put it in things/people that actually exist. E.g., I put my faith in the people who invented/developed/manufacture seat belts every time I ride in a car. But I don't worship them, and I don't believe they did their work especially for me.

How would your life have been different if there was no god?

---------- Post added 30-05-2015 at 07:59 ----------

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/preach

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/preach

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/preach

You do preach!

The woman on the desk at the bank said to me she would have never picked up on it had I not asked what this was , it had been cancelled for over 5 years ! But actually I don't check that account very often ! And never check my transactions !

Without God I would have never been placed into a family that loved me , provided for me when my mum was widowed , provided exactly what I need when I need it !

We don't preach we give food , clothes and education ! To the poorest of the poor , on the streets / in townships where ever but we just give .

The woman on the desk at the bank said to me she would have never picked up on it had I not asked what this was , it had been cancelled for over 5 years ! But actually I don't check that account very often ! And never check my transactions !

Without God I would have never been placed into a family that loved me , provided for me when my mum was widowed , provided exactly what I need when I need it !

We don't preach we give food , clothes and education ! To the poorest of the poor , on the streets / in townships where ever but we just give .

At best that's confirmation bias, at worst it's indoctrination.

You can't have it both ways. If you believe that your god intervened in your life for the better, don't you have to accept that it chooses to intervene in everybody's life and can certainly not be for the better?

Or there is no intervention at all?

Edited by SnailyBoy