Ebola - God cured me!

How is Aids transmitted ?

Contamination by infected bodily fluids in several ways. This is one of the reasons caution is always taken around bleeding wounds and injuries.

---------- Post added 18-11-2015 at 23:44 ----------

This illness , was not made by God . I am in Africa just now and the people there disputed drought , dispite illness we know God loves us because he is here with us xx

There's a book you might want to read up on...

All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Edited by RootsBooster

Not really or why would he invent ebola,aids etc,sounds very loving to me.

You expect people to live their entire lives being 100% fit and healthy, to never fall ill or be sick- why?

To say 'he' invented disease is a false analogy- especially if you on one hand fail to understand people like Teeny.

Besides, we wouldn't know what health was if there was no disease.

You expect people to live their entire lives being 100% fit and healthy, to never fall ill or be sick- why?

To say 'he' invented disease is a false analogy- especially if you on one hand fail to understand people like Teeny.

'He' is an invention, let alone any disease.

Lottie didn't suggest anything of the sort, you're strawmanning her/him.

The world obviously wouldn't work if everyone (and everything) lived forever, if we were to suppose the Christian God does exist, why does he allow our demise to often be so agonising and awful? Is it really necessary?

Why is it false? Do you not believe what the Bible says?

Ah, there's an upside then, that justifies it all perfectly :banana::partyhat:

Not false at all,god is the maker of life,is not ebola life?I understand teeny's view exactly,she has the usual goddit approach until it comes to the unpleasant bits.

Ebola like most virii tends to fail somewhat on several important tests for life.

True, much better to use parasites that burrow into the eyes of children or flesh eating bacteria as examples to stump creationists.

---------- Post added 20-11-2015 at 13:08 ----------

No, I just don't see why god needs to strike down so many children with horrible diseases that they can do nothing about.

Worst excuse ever.

Lottie didn't suggest anything of the sort, you're strawmanning her/him.

The world obviously wouldn't work if everyone (and everything) lived forever, if we were to suppose the Christian God does exist, why does he allow our demise to often be so agonising and awful? Is it really necessary?

I wasn't strawmanning Lottie.

Nor did I suggest everyone living forever- it was more a point of asking 'why wouldn't we get sick/ill' - as there does seem to be a pattern where atheists expect this world to be some kind of utopia.

Why is it false? Do you not believe what the Bible says?

Ah, there's an upside then, that justifies it all perfectly :banana::partyhat:

Because if we all never go sick, we would never know what it is like to be well and healthy. We take things for granted.

Have you never had a friend or family member say 'I am lucky to be alive' or come across people who have said 'it puts things in perspective' (alluding to their time of illness, which may have been serious).

I had pneumonia earlier this year- never had it before. It left me powerless, and made me appreciate when things are better health wise.

---------- Post added 20-11-2015 at 16:49 ----------

No, I just don't see why god needs to strike down so many children with horrible diseases that they can do nothing about.

I am not one to dwell deep in to that side- I too see the sad end and situation of children across the world (being a father of 3 it is even harder).

However from my experience, people of faith (especially like Teeny) seem to understand this and are able to reconcile it with their faith.

Whereas the one without faith just sees sorrow and suffering-unable to make sense of it all...other than to hate 'god'.

Edited by Guest