Ebola - God cured me!

When did God say don't sleep around?

1 Corinthians 6:16: "Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, 'The two will become one flesh.'" The same concept underlies Jesus' unbending position on divorce: "Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate" (Matthew 19:6). It's also implied in the commandment against adultery (Exodus 20:14). In the biblical view, adultery includes any sexual activity carried on outside the bonds of committed marriage. This is why the writer to the Hebrews tells us that "Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral"

---------- Post added 28-11-2015 at 10:54 ----------

The problem here is there was no imperfection to pass on especially inherited sin as at that time there was no such thing as sin. The Torah which Genesis and the Old Testament is taken from does not recognise inherited sin nor does the Jewish faith. God also never mentioned that Adam and Eve sinned only that they were punished and fell from Gods grace and became mortal.

generational sin can effect you as you are [part of the family unless the curse is broken and cut off , or it would be passed down to another generation , I am sure you will say Nah but we see in the the rural areas of Zimbabwe and i am certain we see it in the uk , How many families where there is a curse of depression in the generations ? how many have hereditary conditions passed through ?

---------- Post added 28-11-2015 at 10:56 ----------

So how do you decide which parts of the old testament to ignore and which parts not to?

you have to consider we aren't in those times or in that culture now ,

---------- Post added 28-11-2015 at 10:59 ----------

I tried to understand this part but it really makes no sense, sorry

When I say living by God's word I meant not sleeping around , most of Africa is steeped in traditionalism , people the uk call it witchcraft ! Some have strange buried rights ! Hence spreading of disease was what I meant

Adam and Eve chose to disobey God by eating from a tree designated not for them the tree of the knowledge of good and bad .They were warned that in the day they ate from it they would die and so they did , they passed on imperfection to there offspring who also suffered the consequences inherited sin (Romans 5:12)

Can you tell us to whom do you think the "tree of the knowledge of good and bad" was designated?

When I say living by God's word I meant not sleeping around , most of Africa is steeped in traditionalism , people the uk call it witchcraft ! Some have strange buried rights ! Hence spreading of disease was what I meant

---------- Post added 28-11-2015 at 13:34 ----------

No they became disconnected from God and began to die much like a fan that's unplugged from a socket slows and stops .They lost eternal life for themselves and there offspring .

You appear to think that Adam and Eve were immortal before, is there something in the Bible that suggests this?

Can you tell us to whom do you think the "tree of the knowledge of good and bad" was designated?

ThWhy put the tree there in the first place? Why not just leave it out of the garden? It would seem that because Adam was made in the image of God (Genesis 1:26) and being in that image means to learn, to know, to inquire, to be rational, etc., that it would be natural for Adam to become aware of that which would be against God. Perhaps God put the tree there as a proper and necessary warning to Adam not to partake of that which would lead to sin.The tree symbolized the knowledge of good and evil. Adam was in a sinless state and was warned by God not to partake of the tree. It is probably because with the knowledge of good and evil comes the knowledge of sin. To partake of the tree would have been to seek not only the knowledge of good but also of evil. The knowledge of sin, of evil, is to seek that which is against the very nature of God's holiness. And, by partaking of that knowledge, Adam would be separated from God. After all, holiness requires nothing less than itself.

---------- Post added 28-11-2015 at 14:10 ----------

You appear to think that Adam and Eve were immortal before, is there something in the Bible that suggests this?[/quote

791answers this

Adam and Eve where immortal until they are from the tree of knowledge death is a consequence of disobeying God

ThWhy put the tree there in the first place? Why not just leave it out of the garden? It would seem that because Adam was made in the image of God (Genesis 1:26) and being in that image means to learn, to know, to inquire, to be rational, etc., that it would be natural for Adam to become aware of that which would be against God. Perhaps God put the tree there as a proper and necessary warning to Adam not to partake of that which would lead to sin.The tree symbolized the knowledge of good and evil. Adam was in a sinless state and was warned by God not to partake of the tree. It is probably because with the knowledge of good and evil comes the knowledge of sin. To partake of the tree would have been to seek not only the knowledge of good but also of evil. The knowledge of sin, of evil, is to seek that which is against the very nature of God's holiness. And, by partaking of that knowledge, Adam would be separated from God. After all, holiness requires nothing less than itself.

At what date in history did all this take place?

God he has the wisdom and knowledge to decide what is in the best interests of his creation .

Revelation 4:11

Holman Christian Standard Bible

Our Lord and God, You are worthy to receive glory and honor and power, because You have created all things, and because of Your will they exist and were created.

---------- Post added 28-11-2015 at 14:32 ----------

You appear to think that Adam and Eve were immortal before, is there something in the Bible that suggests this?

No they weren't immortal the word is only mentioned in the Hebrew scriptures in reference to God himself .

http://m.wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2006721?q=immortality&p=par

Lol

How you know the fruit was an apple ?

Methusala was longest recorded living person

While it's often debated whether Adam's 930 years began at the moment of creation or the moment he left Eden (which could well make him older than Methusala), he outlived the 'day' mentioned by God by quite a bit.

If you believe that the Bible is literally God's word and that God's word is the truth, then to try to interpret it in other words is to falsify it.

How do I know the fruit was an apple? I don't believe there was even a fruit.

Adams days amounted to 930 years and he died. (Genesis 5:5)

2 peter 3:8

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day

No need to guess the answers are in the scriptures ^^