Ebola - God cured me!

true I grew up in a Christian family but I was never forced to believe, I chose to believe. My sister whom I didn't meet until 26 years ago she felt there was something else she was missing and asked God to show her before even attending church , she got teased by her adoptive family for believing

---------- Post added 02-12-2015 at 10:11 ----------

not preaching just making a comment on a thread ! saying what i believe to be truth. God is God he can do whatever he wants and isnt an imaginary friend ! he exists

---------- Post added 02-12-2015 at 10:14 ----------

I believe he believed in Jesus , in John 3 v 16 it says for God so loved the world he gave his only son so whoever believes in him shall not perish .

Where does it say and must believe in the trinity ?

If you believe Jesus to be the son of god, it follows that you must believe in the trinity; it's a fundamental part of christianity.

true I grew up in a Christian family but I was never forced to believe, I chose to believe. My sister whom I didn't meet until 26 years ago she felt there was something else she was missing and asked God to show her before even attending church , she got teased by her adoptive family for believing

I didn't suggest that you were forced to believe, however I'm sure you were influenced by your family to adopt Christianity, rather than Judaism for instance.

If your sister had no influence at all, how would she know which god to ask to show her?

Edited by SnailyBoy

I believe people can know God without us preaching a word to them . God is just and compassionate.

... Yet there have been millions of people who lived their entire lives without ever having heard of or known your God. According to your beliefs they're damned, through no fault of their own.

That's true , but it's our choice to believe or not ?

What about someone who lived in an Amazonian rainforest, so they didn't have any contact with the West. If they lived a good generous life and treated other people with respect, but they had never prayed to God, or even knew of his existence, would they go to heaven?

I agree with Teeny- people can discover God it doesn't always mean they need religion to be the cause of it.

Also, science (true science, not the psedoscience some atheists believe in...:rolleyes:) is one of the strongest pointers to God.

Some of our greatest scientists knew/know this and were not reluctant to make it known from their works.

So here's a few who were either suffering from delusion and 'god was a figment of their imagination' or perhaps knew truely what their discoveries and observations led them to.

Charles Darwin, the founder of evolutionary biology- he quotes this in Decent of Man.

Abdus Salam, winner of the 1979 Nobel Prize in Physics for his work in electroweak theory. He is here quoted in his article entitled Science and Religion.

Albert Einstein

(The Wall Street Journal, Dec 24, 1997, article by Jim Holt, “Science Resurrects God.”)

Physicist Paul Davies, the winner of the 2001 Kelvin Medal issued by the Institute of Physics and the winner of the 2002 Faraday Prize issued by the Royal Society (amongst other awards), as cited in his book God and the New Physics.

(my favorite):

Lord William Kelvin, who was noted for his theoretical work on thermodynamics, the concept of absolute zero and the Kelvin temperature scale based upon it.

No, this is my favorite:

Albert Einstein

Sir Isaac Newton

Well, if you're into number games, take a look at Project Steve...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Steve

"The "Steve-o-meter" webpage provides an updated total of scientist "Steves" who have signed the list. As of November 24, 2015, Project Steve has 1,382 signatories."

(Also; not all of those on your list were theists.)

As I have said before, there is yet to be seen a strong argument for why God should not exist.

Its never been about 'evidence/proof of God' that some of these atheists like to project forward- but rather do you have any evidence to show WHY He should not exist.

Oh, and why should theists put God in to your perception of how He needs to be or is- that is just a cop out to suit your agenda. God has never been a physical being, science does not deal with God per se...and hence science has no say in the matter. If truely studied and known, it will rather show path to God.

But it is well known on SF that the usual suspects preaching atheism (yes it is a belief system because it leads to your thinking and way of how you are) know very little about science. In fact are nothing more than followers of scientism.

TO this day atheists have not presented any strong case/reason as to why God doesn't exist- and all the so called arguments are emotional and psychological.

The burden of proof lies with you.

Can you prove that Zeus or Poseidon do not exist? If you cannot, then by your (lack of) logic, they must exist. ( See "Russell's teapot".)

Edited by redwhine

If you believe Jesus to be the son of god, it follows that you must believe in the trinity; it's a fundamental part of christianity.

there are various kind of Christians, some believe the holy spirit part of the trinity isn't for today but there are others who believe there is so no is the answer its Jesus who saves you not the holy spirit

---------- Post added 02-12-2015 at 13:25 ----------

I didn't suggest that you were forced to believe, however I'm sure you were influenced by your family to adopt Christianity, rather than Judaism for instance.

If your sister had no influence at all, how would she know which god to ask to show her?

in both my adoptive family and my natural family there are other faiths . My sister just prayed God show me the real you and what I should do

there are various kind of Christians, some believe the holy spirit part of the trinity isn't for today but there are others who believe there is so no is the answer its Jesus who saves you not the holy spirit

---------- Post added 02-12-2015 at 13:25 ----------

in both my adoptive family and my natural family there are other faiths . My sister just prayed God show me the real you and what I should do

So if I prayed like so, and the pasta box fell of the shelf then I should worship the FSM?

But the main influence from your parents.

So did your sister hear a voice telling her what to do, how did the message come across?

But the main influence from your parents.

So did your sister hear a voice telling her what to do, how did the message come across?

Yes the main influence was from my parents , however I saw Gods handiwork in my life without them telling me it was God .

My sister felt led to attend the church at the far end of her village because she had prayed she says God gave her a peace about it

Yes the main influence was from my parents , however I saw Gods handiwork in my life without them telling me it was God .

My sister felt led to attend the church at the far end of her village because she had prayed she says God gave her a peace about it

How did she actually know that the message was to go to the church at the far end of the village?