Ebola - God cured me!

It would appear that you have met with a few bigots here, teeny. It is their right to dispute as much as they like. However, at the end of the day, belief requires faith. By definition, faith does not require empirical evidence, which is what those without faith require in order to be convinced of whether or not there is a God. When all said and done, regardless of your position on the belief spectrum, it is not and never will be possible to provide empirical evidence to support the opinion that there is or is not a God. In short, not believing in a God is every bit as much an act of faith as believing in a God. ;)

What I would say to people at either end of the belief spectrum is that you should familiarise yourself with the subject matter you intend to criticise, and ensure you understand it, prior to forming and publicising an opinion, for an uninformed opinion is worthless. ;)

Teeny, remember:

Mt 7:6 "Do not give dogs what is holy; and do not throw your pearls in front of pigs, or they may trample them and then turn on you and tear you to pieces."

Mt 10:14 "And if anyone does not welcome you or listen to what you have to say, as you walk out of the house or town shake the dust from your feet."

Mt 10:16 "Look, I am sending you out like sheep among wolves; so be cunning as snakes and yet innocent as doves."

Mt 10:22 "You will be universally hated on account of my name; but anyone who stands firm to the end will be saved."

Mt 10:32 'So if anyone declares himself for me in the presence of human beings, I will declare myself for him in the presence of my Father in heaven.

Mt 10:33 "But the one who disowns me in the presence of human beings, I will disown in the presence of my Father in heaven."

Source: http://www.bibliacatolica.com.br/new-jerusalem-bible/matthew/10/#.VT_lr410xes

You come on here and call the non-believers dogs, pigs, wolves and snakes, and say righteous people like teeny should shake the dust of themselves after conversing with us, presumably because we're dirty, with quotes from your horrid little book just for disagreeing with and challenging teeny's half-baked theology and yet you call us bigots, that's pretty rich.

Edited by flamingjimmy

You come on here and call the non-believers dogs, pigs, wolves and snakes, and say righteous people like teeny should shake the dust of themselves after conversing with us, presumably because we're dirty, with quotes from your horrid little book just for disagreeing with and challenging teeny's half-baked theology and yet you call us bigots, that's pretty rich.

Take deep breaths, find a quiet space, spend some time reflecting on the subject matter, then come back when you have something a little more illuminating to say. ;)

Take deep breaths, find a quiet space, spend some time reflecting on the subject matter, then come back when you have something a little more illuminating to say. ;)

Mark 16:15 ESV

And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.

Acts 1:8 ESV

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Romans 10:17 ESV

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Matthew 28:19-20 ESV

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

we need to show people on here Gods love for them thats all I am saying .

Mark 16:15 ESV

And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation....

...we need to show people on here Gods love for them thats all I am saying .

The Gospels do, indeed, encourage and promote strong evangelical activity. However, my point was that Jesus did not require the apostles to continue banging their heads against brick walls, but, when met with such persistent opposition, He advised them to move on to where others may be more receptive to what they had to say. Which is, indeed, sensible and maximises use of talent and opportunity. ;) From a resource management perspective, it is sound advice.

The Gospels do, indeed, encourage and promote strong evangelical activity. However, my point was that Jesus did not require the apostles to continue banging their heads against brick walls, but, when met with such persistent opposition, He advised them to move on to where others may be more receptive to what they had to say. Which is, indeed, sensible and maximises use of talent and opportunity. ;) From a resource management perspective, it is sound advice.

That's why this thread had been dormant for quite sometime ! As it had come to natural end

That's why this thread had been dormant for quite sometime ! As it had come to natural end

:)

Note to all visitors:

Please do not assume that my threads have reached their natural end just because they have been dormant for some time. ;)

Please feel free to post a response, one that preferably includes answers, with reasoning, whenever you like. ;)

This thread's been dormant for sometime because god can't cure Ebola.

If he could and if he did then we'd have loads to talk about and this thread would have remained active.

---------- Post added 29-04-2015 at 14:25 ----------

I find it quite illuminating how offensive you managed to be only using quotes from the new testament.

It's almost as if it wasn't written by an all loving god and was written instead by petty men.

:)

Note to all visitors:

Please do not assume that my threads have reached their natural end just because they have been dormant for some time. ;)

Please feel free to post a response, one that preferably includes answers, with reasoning, whenever you like. ;)

the post was started by Snail boy and came to an end

---------- Post added 29-04-2015 at 14:32 ----------

If he could and if he did then we'd have loads to talk about and this thread would have remained active.

God can cure ebola

Edited by esme
quote tags

---------- Post added 29-04-2015 at 14:25 ----------

I find it quite illuminating how offensive you managed to be only using quotes from the new testament.

It's almost as if it wasn't written by an all loving god and was written instead by petty men.

Well, if you don't believe in the God of Christianity, then you should, it stands to reason, just regard His words as utter inconsequential twaddle. In which case there is no reason why you should find them offensive. ;)

The only reason that I can see as to why someone may find the New Testament quotes offensive is if the person viewing them was unfamiliar with the source material. However, I would expect that anyone intending to criticise it could reasonably be expected to have familiarised themselves with the source material first.

The aforementioned quotes have been taken out of context. To gain a greater understanding of how they were and are intended to be interpreted, you need to be familiar with the source material (which, it would appear, teeny is), and the historical, cultural and political context of the time at which the quotes originated and were later recorded.

I don't understand why you can't just agree to disagree with people of Christian faith and leave it at that. It doesn't do a person's health any good to be filled with hatred and venom, nor does it have a positive effect on those around them. ;)

The OP wanted some explanation as to how the Dr's comments could be justified. Both Teeny and I have helped provide answers and have directed those interested toward resources where they may further their knowledge and understanding.

Edited by Native lad