33 month sentence for piracy.

No it isn't theft. It is copyright infringement, they are different. Please consult Google before contradicting me.

?

Copyright infringement used to make money, as in this case, is equivalent to theft. You're stealing someone's product and selling it to others for your own profit. How is that not the same as theft?

That is pure speculation and impossible to prove. It is surely irrelevant anyway.

I've watched many a film from dubious sources, there's no way i'd have gone to the pics to watch any of them. My comment was based on my own experiences, which doesn't cast a far net admittedly, but i believe there's many more like myself. I know a good few.

I've watched many a film from dubious sources, there's no way i'd have gone to the pics to watch any of them. My comment was based on my own experiences, which doesn't cast a far net admittedly, but i believe there's many more like myself. I know a good few.

The fact that you and your mates have watched pirated films when you would not have paid full price including royalties to their creators, is neither here nor there. All it means is that you are breaking the law and artists are deprived of their royalties. It cannot be used as a defence for what this sleazeball has done.

The fact that you and your mates have watched pirated films when you would not have paid full price including royalties to their creators, is neither here nor there. All it means is that you are breaking the law and artists are deprived of their royalties. It cannot be used as a defence for what this sleazeball has done.

What ? :huh:

How can i deprive them of something i never would have handed over under any circumstances. :help:

Copyright infringement used to make money, as in this case, is equivalent to theft. You're stealing someone's product and selling it to others for your own profit. How is that not the same as theft?

It is a completely different crime. It is no more theft than it is fraud or money laundering.

Your knowledge of the law is humerous. Someone who watches pirated films is not breaking the law

Having films available for free reduces the percieved value of a trip to the cinema to see them. Or for that matter the percieved value of buying the DVD.

I totally agree, but if there's no way you'd shell out money on those either way then you're certainly not depriving anyone of anything, are you ?

Your knowledge of the law is humerous. Someone who watches pirated films is not breaking the law

It's the equivalent of possessing stolen goods... and your knowledge of spelling is unreliable btw

Archived