Mobile speed camera vans

Er no because they catch drivers speeding, which is not law-abiding. And no doubt some of those speeding also don't have insurance and tax.

Well law abiding in the broader sense in so much they have insurance and otherwise aren't criminals. You can still become a policeman with speeding convictions. I'm not sure if that's the case for driving around without insurance etc.

Most people seem to be wining about measures taken to kerb speeding. What would be the alternative?

Let's not have speed limits or have them but not bother policing them?

Or why not have all vehicles fitted with a receiver that will only allow the vehicle to do the speed allowed for the road.

Bearing in mind that a speed limit is only to be achieved if it is safe to do so thereby allowing some discretion on behalf of the motorist.

So what would be the alternative?

Most people seem to be wining about measures taken to kerb speeding. What would be the alternative?

Let's not have speed limits or have them but not bother policing them?

Or why not have all vehicles fitted with a receiver that will only allow the vehicle to do the speed allowed for the road.

Bearing in mind that a speed limit is only to be achieved if it is safe to do so thereby allowing some discretion on behalf of the motorist.

So what would be the alternative?

The alternative would be to deal with the real causes of accidents.

Is speeding not a cause of accidents?

I will hold my hands up to speeding now and again, especially on my motorcycle. However, I am of the thought that if I am caught I will take what's coming and maybe learn from it.

Not whine about the pro's and cons of speed cameras on a public forum.

I kinda like those flashy type signs that tell you what speed you're actually doing....then if you're still over the limits a couple of hundred yards down the road, (after you've been advised) then get a camera to fine you.

Oh and don't you just hate the 'bluff' signs that say there's a camera, and there's actually no such thing and never has been?

Is speeding not a cause of accidents?

I will hold my hands up to speeding now and again, especially on my motorcycle. However, I am of the thought that if I am caught I will take what's coming and maybe learn from it.

Not whine about the pro's and cons of speed cameras on a public forum.

No,despite all the hype very few accidents involve speeding drivers.So you would have to ask who is causing them and whats being done? The answer is Very little because they dont make money so easy as pointing a camera at a row of cars.

Ther eis also the other side of the coin,you would have to be pretty stupid if you think you can judge safe driving judging by where the speedo needle alone points.Of course you cant and the proof is MOST accidents are caused by people who are NOT speeding.

The facts dont and wont stop the millions being being made from courses and fines though.

And of course,speeding courses dont make drivers better drivers and its better drivers our roads need.Many cant even drive in a straight line never mind know which lane they should be in.

http://speedcamerareport.co.uk/01_speeding.htm

Archived