Mobile speed camera vans

Ahhh but Mr Monkey, would you hold your hands up and take whats coming if you were a caught for a third time just a couple of miles over the speed limit (yes you get done for anything over 32 in a 30) would you complain that you read your speedo wrong ? what about the the 6 months ban with maybe loss of your job, enormously hiked up future insurance in addition to a £150 fine, would you take all that without complaining for just 2 miles over the speed limit or to be more exact, the thickness of your speedo needle over the 30 number line on your speedo ?? If you say you would then my hats off to you sir, you are an angel

I know it is easy to say on a forum, but the only points I have ever had on my licence was 3 for going over the solid white line and that is in 35 years of driving.

As I say, I do tend to speed but to me the licence loser is the 30 limits, that is why I stay under 30 mph.

I would lift to think that if I did get caught speeding it wouldn't happen again within the 3 years that the points remain active on the licence.

And trust me, I'm no angel:)

Like I said, you don't have to drive :) Driving is a luxury, not a necessity so if you feel you are being used as a cash cow, you could always abstain and get the bus/train.

You may have not mentioned speeding, but you posted your complaint on a thread about speeding :suspect:

It is when, in this modern day and age, your work dictates travel. I attend a lot of local anti-drug groups, in small villages around my area, and it would be almost impossible to attend some of them without a motor car, as there is no dedicated public transport to speak of, and cycling is out of the question. This was my real point, that the authorities know we need our cars etc, and this privilege is charged at a rate that is fitting with modern daylight robbery. Sorry AO, but driving is most definitely not a luxury.

Like I said, you don't have to drive :) Driving is a luxury, not a necessity so if you feel you are being used as a cash cow, you could always abstain and get the bus/train.

Public transport users get ripped off too, the fares are extortionate, but people don't have to use public transport :) public transport is a luxury, those that feel ripped of could always abstain and walk or cycle.

what rules?

Did you see the video.... The answer is in the video! Have a look and you will get it!

They are sitting in an unmarked police car. ( black car no markings) read and or watch the video!

---------- Post added 30-08-2014 at 01:14 ----------

Link to news paper and video.

Ahhh but Mr Monkey, would you hold your hands up and take whats coming if you were a caught for a third time just a couple of miles over the speed limit (yes you get done for anything over 32 in a 30) would you complain that you read your speedo wrong ? what about the the 6 months ban with maybe loss of your job, enormously hiked up future insurance in addition to a £150 fine, would you take all that without complaining for just 2 miles over the speed limit or to be more exact, the thickness of your speedo needle over the 30 number line on your speedo ?? If you say you would then my hats off to you sir, you are an angel[/quote

I know it is easy to say on a forum, but the only points I have ever had on my licence was 3 for going over the solid white line and that is in 35 years of driving.

As I say, I do tend to speed but to me the licence loser is the 30 limits, that is why I stay under 30 mph.

I would lift to think that if I did get caught speeding it wouldn't happen again within the 3 years that the points remain active on the licence.

And trust me, I'm no angel:)

No offence meant mate, just being upfront and straight talking like any sheffielder......cheers

Public transport users get ripped off too, the fares are extortionate, but people don't have to use public transport :) public transport is a luxury, those that feel ripped of could always abstain and walk or cycle.

Public transport is not a luxury. But yes, if you feel you are being ripped off, you can indeed walk or cycle.

Which lots of people do.... But clearly your means of transport needs to be appropriate, for some people the job they do means that driving is a necessity. That said, it's still not a right, so they should protect the privilege as without it they won't be able to work.

Archived