The Sheffield Show

bessmeg

All ways think the Sheffield show was at its best at Hillsborough Park, Wonder why its never return to Hillsborough, It is on a better transport link with supertram etc, so would be more green and easy for people to get to.(That is when currant repairs done!)

It used to be a major thing. Times change. Always remember the bassets stand.

It was probably on its way out before but it suffered really badly when the armed forces werent allowed stands as they used to take along vehicles plus had great recruiting and interactive stands. Lots of people wont remember what a big thing it was.

Anyone remember the Sheffield based TV station, Cable Vision ? they used to film events through the day. i used to rush home and watch it when it was shown later the same day , looking to see if i could see myself on telly :hihi::hihi:

The tent with the vegetables that looked like they were on steroids was always fascinating too.

Taking home bags full of fee give always , was always a bonus, but mum used to go wild all the glossy mags and leaflets i brought home,mainly of Cars lol.

Happy days , it was all free them days too. :)

Archived