This woman beggars belief!

If you thought you'd seen it all, well have a read about this woman:

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/us-woman-started-51000-acre-wildfire-because-her-firefighter-friends-were-bored293847

Not only to deliberately start a fire, because she thought that her friends at the fire department didn't have anything else better to do, but posted on Facebook pictures of the 51,000 acre wildfire - 'Like my Fire'.

:loopy:

I really do wonder, is there a difference between mental issues and just plain thoughtless stupidity?

At 23, she should have acquired at least some common sense, and an ability to see the likely consequences of actions.

Put it on facebook? That's :loopy:

Must be serious mental issues there. Prison won't even begin to touch on it unless she gets the required treatment inside.

i agree with minimo below i dont think its an illness you cant cure crass stupidity, sadly its a trait of society as society dumbs down :(

i agree with minimo below i dont think its an illness you cant cure crass stupidity, sadly its a trait of society as society dumbs down :(

You could both well be right, but I certainly wouldn't take a gamble considering the max is 5yrs. At the least a mental assessment should take place. 80 square miles is a lot of territory and thankfully no one was killed or injured, including her fire fighter friends. An assessment would be a lot cheaper than 5 yrs (probably much less after parole) of custody. She obviously didn't consider the result of her actions which in my opinion is the act of a dangerous psychopathic profile.

Is 'bint' a word used nowadays?

It was in common use by servicemen in N Africa and the Middle East c 40 years ago but I've not heard it used in the UK very often.

Bint is just Arabic for 'Daughter of'.

In Arabic, my name would be the equivalent of 'plain, Bint daddy's name, bin grandpa's name.'

---------- Post added 24-08-2014 at 17:27 ----------

Oh and yes, stupid is the only disease there's no cure for!

Archived