Good fruit and veg

Hi

Can anyone recommend somewhere to buy good value fruit and veg? I've just moved to Sheffield (Woodseats area) and was hoping to find an alternative to supermarket stuff. If I can support small businesses and use locally sourced food ,then even better.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. No I haven't tried those markets. Is there information on them available on the internet? If not, what days do they run?

Thanks

Defiantly Mon-Sat..not sure of Sunday though.

Surely Woodseats has a fruit/veg store. Isn't there one by Asda/Iceland on the main Rd?

Thanks for the reply.

I live at the bottom (west?) of woodseats rd, not far from Sainsbury's, Tesco, Aldi, etc. I'd just prefer to have some proper veg. I've just returned from a long trip to Spain, so I'm used to peppers being the size of your head, not these tiny things you get in the supermarkets.

Also, I'm interested in supporting local businesses, not these huge supermarket chains. I've found a butchers and fish mongers. Just need somewhere to get my fruit and veg!

Sam Salvins fruit shop was a Woodseats fixture for many years but he succumbed to the large multiples and the shop closed, if you intend using the market on the Moor please use one of the self service stalls or run the risk of having 2nd class tat foisted upon you.

Archived