Who should teach 7 year olds about sex?

Nobody should!!

Attitides like yours leave children ripe for sexual exploitation and abuse. You ought to think it through a little more.

---------- Post added 27-08-2014 at 16:11 ----------

Uncle, step parent, vicar,

Why not teachers?

I remember getting sex education at school, aged around 11 or 12. Certainly 'big school'.

It was taken by an ageing biology teacher who was so shy and embarrassed that I remember it all being incredibly painful. I still cringe thinking about it. Maybe it could be a specific job, and that teacher could move around schools.

Attitides like yours leave children ripe for sexual exploitation and abuse. You ought to think it through a little more.

---------- Post added 27-08-2014 at 16:11 ----------

Why not teachers?

Dont tell me what i should and shouldnt think!!

Where is it you think MY kids would have been "ripe for sexual exploitation and abuse. " because they didnt have a sex education at 7?

A seven year old is bearly out of nappies and you want to start forcing sex education down them?

Maybe its YOU that should look at where your kids go to be at so much risk!!

---------- Post added 27-08-2014 at 16:24 ----------

I remember getting sex education at school, aged around 11 or 12. Certainly 'big school'.

It was taken by an ageing biology teacher who was so shy and embarrassed that I remember it all being incredibly painful. I still cringe thinking about it. Maybe it could be a specific job, and that teacher could move around schools.

Exactly,you could bearly handle it at 12 and some duck heads want to start at 7 !

A seven year old is bearly out of nappies and you want to start forcing sex education down them?

By barely you mean ... 4 or so years out of nappies.

By "forcing sex education down them" you mean, giving them lessons on the basics of biology and their bodies.

You don't have to rush to take the most fanatical approach you can. It is okay to talk to children about these things.

Exactly,you could bearly handle it at 12 and some duck heads want to start at 7 !

I could handle it fine. It was just taught by someone who very obviously didn't want to teach it.

Secondly, my Mum informs me that I was given sex education at Primary School too. I came home and talked about it. As for my own personal memory of that happening, I cannot recall.

By barely you mean ... 4 or so years out of nappies.

By "forcing sex education down them" you mean, giving them lessons on the basics of biology and their bodies.

You don't have to rush to take the most fanatical approach you can. It is okay to talk to children about these things.

I could handle it fine. It was just taught by someone who very obviously didn't want to teach it.

Secondly, my Mum informs me that I was given sex education at Primary School too. I came home and talked about it. As for my own personal memory of that happening, I cannot recall.

So what was the point of doing it then? Same as seven its nonscense and fortuantly my kids wont be subjected to it at seven.

Maybe they could look at breast feeding videos on youtube? Is that what you did for your kids?

So what was the point of doing it then?

What's the point of teaching children about their own biology? So they can understand it. So they can increase their knowledge and experience of themselves and the world around them.

Same as seven its nonscense and fortuantly my kids wont be subjected to it at seven.

I wouldn't deny you that right of taking your kids out of sex-education.

However, they'll still hear and talk about it with their friends. That you cannot control.

Maybe they could look at breast feeding videos on youtube? Is that what you did for your kids?

I don't have any children, but breast feeding is something that could be learnt at 7. It's quite a basic human quality - feeding one's child.

What's the point of teaching children about their own biology? So they can understand it. So they can increase their knowledge and experience of themselves and the world around them.

I wouldn't deny you that right of taking your kids out of sex-education.

However, they'll still hear and talk about it with their friends. That you cannot control.

I don't have any children, but breast feeding is something that could be learnt at 7. It's quite a basic human quality - feeding one's child.

Thier 7 year old friends wont be talking about sex.Not without it being prematurly provoked in schools.What ever will people think is right next,how to make a joint,just incase?

i think it depends on the details that are gone into, the very basics of normal human reproduction at about 7 or 8 is fine not too much graphic detail, the really dont need to know more at this age, then at about 9-10 a little more into the finer points shall we say before they leave junior school for the big bad secondary school where pretty much everything will be discussed which is perfectly normal truths , myths and great big lies.

what they dont need early on is the more shall we say more unorthodox, abnormal and weird bits, primarily i think parents have the responsibility to discuss this subject at home and quite openly.

Archived