Instructor accidentally killed by 9yr old girl with sub-machine gun

Eighteen.

Eighteen people under 24.

Each day. Shot dead in the States.

But hey, if we train the kids to shoot it will be fine.

There are roughly 32,000 gun deaths per year in the United States. Of those, around 60% are suicides. About 3% are accidental deaths (between 700-800 deaths).

126,438 accidents per year lead to someone being killed in the USA.

Meaning that only 0.55% of people that are accidentally killed in the USA are killed by a gun. More Americans die when they accidentally fall over in their house than die when they are accidentally shot. You are more likley to choke to death whilst eating an hot dog than accidentally being killed by a gun.

---------- Post added 28-08-2014 at 10:08 ----------

I certainly do think full auto was a mistake, please read my post again. Here is a portion of it,

" Notice the UZI was fine on single fire, the instructor got it badly wrong when he put it on AUTO. And he should have been BEHIND the pupil, not at the side. "

Angel1

He should have been aware that the girl wouldn't be able to stop the recoil pulling the Uzi to the left, so should have either not used Auto or he should have helped her hold it steady and pointing down the range.

I must admit, being a big fan of the Darwin Awards, I find this incident pretty amusing ... give a nine year old girl an Uzi sub-machine gun set to fully automatic and see what happens ... duuuh! Another weakest link bites the dust ... hardly surprising is it?

Although certainly not the best accidental 'departure', I can certainly see the instructor getting a mention in the Awards for his selfless contribution to the gene pool. :P

or he should have helped her hold it steady and pointing down the range.

Or he should have refused to put in the hands of a 9yr old a dangerously lethal weapon and started with something that's a little less reactive when the trigger is pulled..

or a big sign on the entrance door stating no children under the age of 25 allowed beyond this point.

If she'd been firing a proper machine gun, belt fed, on a mount, with a stock and at least a couple of years' worth of proper training this would never had happened.
Corrected for accuracy ;)

(Youtube)

Am with Alcoblog on this, the Darwin Award nomination can't be far.

There are roughly 32,000 gun deaths per year in the United States. Of those, around 60% are suicides. About 3% are accidental deaths (between 700-800 deaths).

126,438 accidents per year lead to someone being killed in the USA.

Meaning that only 0.55% of people that are accidentally killed in the USA are killed by a gun. More Americans die when they accidentally fall over in their house than die when they are accidentally shot. You are more likley to choke to death whilst eating an hot dog than accidentally being killed by a gun.

---------- Post added 28-08-2014 at 10:08 ----------

He should have been aware that the girl wouldn't be able to stop the recoil pulling the Uzi to the left, so should have either not used Auto or he should have helped her hold it steady and pointing down the range.

Oh well, that is alright then, only .5 percent of cancer cases is directly linked to Asbestos, so we'd better start introducing that again...

Such a moronic argument. Even if it is 'only' .55 percent it is still .54 percent more than it is here. I also think you grossly overestimate the lethality of eating hot dogs by the way.

Oh well, that is alright then, only .5 percent of cancer cases is directly linked to Asbestos, so we'd better start introducing that again...

Such a moronic argument. Even if it is 'only' .55 percent it is still .54 percent more than it is here. I also think you grossly overestimate the lethality of eating hot dogs by the way.

You're right ... the recoil from a quarter pound Frankfurter's astonishing! :o

Give the guy a break, he didn't mention "Gaza".

Archived