Instructor accidentally killed by 9yr old girl with sub-machine gun

It's not the people that are laughing at this story that are sick, it's the system that allows children to use machine guns that is sick. The tragic irony is simultaneously funny and sad.

Any fans of US show The Daily Show will know that they've been poking fun at the gun laws, and some of the tragic consequences, merely to show how stupid they are.

If they're right there in front of you then quote them.

What you've disingenuously done is used the term "laughter" as a form pleasure..it isn't always the case, it's a coping mechanism that can result from situations that can be devoid of humour. That aside your argument (a hilariously sidesplitting stupid one) is that posters are sickos because they've laughed at the death of an individual..that simply isn't true, should it be, then you'll no doubt point it out to us all.

"That instructor got killed..int it funny". A monumental no.

"The reasons behind the death of the instructor..insanely humorous, not Rib-tickingly humorous". Without doubt

You can dress it up all you like and try to cover your total lack of human kindness. The fact remains people were quick to bragg how they laughed. Another human being has being killed and a little girl will have to live with the knowledge that she killed him.

I just find nothing funny about that and despair of anyone who does.

---------- Post added 27-08-2014 at 13:59 ----------

But the bell curve always means that there are some people who are utterly humourless. It's a fact.

You mistake my not reveling in someones death as having no sense of humour. I can assure you i have a very good sense of humour and can be the life and soul of most parties.

The instructor made a mistake which cost him his life. Funny? no. Dark humor? No. Tragic? Yes. A pointless waste of a human life? Yes. A possible lifetime of trauma for that little girl? Maybe?

I still fail to see the funny side.

Your views are quite interesting,considering you are a self confessed fan of Frankie Boyle:hihi:

I didn't physically laugh at the headline,but I did have a "OMG..huh" when I read it.

Strangely too,I don't really feel sympathy for the bloke,because I believe anyone that hands an SMG to a skinny 9 year old girl,should really know theres an element of danger here.

In fact........

I have more sympathy for the 9 year old girl,because she now has to live with the fact she has killed someone.

Im no child psychologist,but I would hazard a guess that this kind of thing could really mess someone up for life. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 27-08-2014 at 15:15 ----------

You can dress it up all you like and try to cover your total lack of human kindness. The fact remains people were quick to bragg how they laughed. Another human being has being killed and a little girl will have to live with the knowledge that she killed him.

I just find nothing funny about that and despair of anyone who does.

Yet you find Frankie Boyles jokes towards missing Madeline McCann funny?

Interesting....:hihi:

Anyhow back to the topic. As a shootist I don't see much wrong with shooting a "gun" at the age of nine. What does surprise me is that on single shot every thing was going well until the "instructor" put it on full auto, which was just stupid.

The main mistake he made was to stand at the side of the girl, he should have been directly behind her, a silly mistake that cost him his life.

Angel1

As a shootist I don't see much wrong with shooting a "gun" at the age of nine.

Please explain what a shootist is and why you think it is OK for a nine year old to be allowed to shoot a machine gun. And why the quotation marks round "gun", anyway?

Please explain what a shootist is and why you think it is OK for a nine year old to be allowed to shoot a machine gun. And why the quotation marks round "gun", anyway?

Where did s/he say that a nine year old shooting a machine gun was OK?

Firing a single shot weapon - no problem. I was shooting at the age of seven and I happily teach Cubs and Scouts to shoot.

Firing anything that they are unable to control - very bad idea.

Anyhow back to the topic. As a shootist I don't see much wrong with shooting a "gun" at the age of nine. What does surprise me is that on single shot every thing was going well until the "instructor" put it on full auto, which was just stupid.

The main mistake he made was to stand at the side of the girl, he should have been directly behind her, a silly mistake that cost him his life.

Angel1

You don't think the main mistake was switching it to fully auto?

Archived