New Anchorage bar at West One

taxman

Does the deli do takeaway lunchtime sandwiches?

I believe so. They also do takeaway meat and cheese which they claim they cure themselves.

---------- Post added 29-08-2014 at 14:41 ----------

funnily enough we had an American brewer over to brew with us a couple of weeks back. He gave a spiel about how sorry, but this beer is gonna cost us a lot cos it's gotta have so many hops in it... think he was a bit taken aback when I looked at his recipe and said I was gonna want to use 50% MORE hops! :evil:

LOL. Well it's fair to say you've never been shy on the whole hop front. I mean I'm a self cconfessed hop head and even I think some of your beers are a tad... harsh! ;c) Tho most I really like.

Speaking of which - where am I gonna find Worse Than Hitler? I have so far drawn a blank...

I believe so. They also do takeaway meat and cheese which they claim they cure themselves.

---------- Post added 29-08-2014 at 14:41 ----------

LOL. Well it's fair to say you've never been shy on the whole hop front. I mean I'm a self cconfessed hop head and even I think some of your beers are a tad... harsh! ;c) Tho most I really like.

Speaking of which - where am I gonna find Worse Than Hitler? I have so far drawn a blank...

without a time machine, you ain't! Rutland sold out a few days ago, Craven Arms in Brum had it on last month, North Rding in Scarborough had it ages ago, the only other one went to Paul Duke Wholesale in Macclesfield, no idea where it ended up but sure it's empty now!

without a time machine, you ain't! Rutland sold out a few days ago, Craven Arms in Brum had it on last month, North Rding in Scarborough had it ages ago, the only other one went to Paul Duke Wholesale in Macclesfield, no idea where it ended up but sure it's empty now!

B*ll*x

I was in London when Rutland had it on :c(

I mean, what's the point in having an online brew buddy if you don't get priority notifications, eh?

I'm joking of course... ;c)

B*ll*x

I was in London when Rutland had it on :c(

I mean, what's the point in having an online brew buddy if you don't get priority notifications, eh?

I'm joking of course... ;c)

I tweeted, they tweeted, I farcebooked, what more do you want!! ;)

---------- Post added 29-08-2014 at 18:00 ----------

Back on topic... I'm at Anchorage now. Gotta be honest, the place ain't my cup of tea. Maybe I'm just old now, but it all seems a bit hipster and pretentious. Only came in for the Schnoodlepip tbh - and fine it is too!

Weirdly, the price of the Schnoodlepip compared favourably with the price of a bottle anywhere I've seen it... But the Weird Beard Decadence was 3.80 for 2/3, think shakey sold it for not much over 3 quid a pint! As for the Smuttynose IPA, OW MUCH?! Over a tenner a pint, even the Tap or Brewpuppy wouldn't charge that...

I tweeted, they tweeted, I farcebooked, what more do you want!! ;)

---------- Post added 29-08-2014 at 18:00 ----------

Back on topic... I'm at Anchorage now. Gotta be honest, the place ain't my cup of tea. Maybe I'm just old now, but it all seems a bit hipster and pretentious. Only came in for the Schnoodlepip tbh - and fine it is too!

Weirdly, the price of the Schnoodlepip compared favourably with the price of a bottle anywhere I've seen it... But the Weird Beard Decadence was 3.80 for 2/3, think shakey sold it for not much over 3 quid a pint! As for the Smuttynose IPA, OW MUCH?! Over a tenner a pint, even the Tap or Brewpuppy wouldn't charge that...

Well I probably forgot to subscribe to the twitter feed. And I don't use Facebook as I'm, not a 14 year old girl...

You're right about Anchorage tho... some of their pricing is questionable at least. I will probably pop in now and again, as i do with Henry's Brewhouse. But that area of Sheffield now has so many places to 'pop in now and again' I can comfortably have at least 2 nights a week around there and not visit the same place twice!

Even though it is imported that's ridiculous. It's just a common or garden IPA as well. Nothing to write home about.

Well I probably forgot to subscribe to the twitter feed. And I don't use Facebook as I'm, not a 14 year old girl...

You're right about Anchorage tho... some of their pricing is questionable at least. I will probably pop in now and again, as i do with Henry's Brewhouse. But that area of Sheffield now has so many places to 'pop in now and again' I can comfortably have at least 2 nights a week around there and not visit the same place twice!

I used to be pretty anti-twitter, but actually it's pretty useful to small businesses. these days my biggest gripe with it is having to go to each pub account I'm following individually to turn off retweets, lest for every useful tweet e.g. 'beer xyz going on the bar now' I get bombarded with 50 retweets of people I've never heard of (nor wish to!) going 'woo, yay, I'm in the best pub ever'

Anchorage pricing... actually it all seems consistent (consistently overpriced!) except the Schnoodlepip. Decadence at (equivalent of) £5.70 a pint, compared to about £3 in Shakey. ok you expect a bit of 'city centre' factor but 90% extra?? Really? And the Smuttynose would be literally half Anchorage's price in the Shakespeare or probably even DaDa.

I don't mind paying more than some beers than others - the days of 'beer is beer, it all costs the same' are long gone - but paying substantially more for the same beer definitely irks me

I used to be pretty anti-twitter, but actually it's pretty useful to small businesses. these days my biggest gripe with it is having to go to each pub account I'm following individually to turn off retweets, lest for every useful tweet e.g. 'beer xyz going on the bar now' I get bombarded with 50 retweets of people I've never heard of (nor wish to!) going 'woo, yay, I'm in the best pub ever'

Anchorage pricing... actually it all seems consistent (consistently overpriced!) except the Schnoodlepip. Decadence at (equivalent of) £5.70 a pint, compared to about £3 in Shakey. ok you expect a bit of 'city centre' factor but 90% extra?? Really? And the Smuttynose would be literally half Anchorage's price in the Shakespeare or probably even DaDa.

I don't mind paying more than some beers than others - the days of 'beer is beer, it all costs the same' are long gone - but paying substantially more for the same beer definitely irks me

Yes quite. But it does happen pretty regularly. I always have to laugh when I go in a Wetherspoons to findd that Carling is 90p more a pint than Heineken and similar. Some bars just assume that people will order a beer anyway irrespective of cost. And who knows, perhaps they do.

I was led to believe that Anchorage is part of the Wick / Harley chain? And have seen first hand the premium that the Wick have put on theor new keg range by referring to them as 'Boutique Beers' - boutique being the new craft obviously.

Maybe that's what you need to do with the Steel City range. Keg em, double the price and call em 'boutique'. You'll probable still sell em, only not quite as quickly! ;c)

Maybe that's what you need to do with the Steel City range. Keg em, double the price and call em 'boutique'. You'll probable still sell em, only not quite as quickly! ;c)

we've dabbled in kegging, but not to any great degree due to the fact we don't have proper kegs, and keykegs are expensive (I don't really agree with their use for local supply).

Being non-cynical I didn't double the price, I just added on the cost of kegging. This adds approx 50p to the cost per pint... but of course if the pub operates on GP % markup this becomes about £1.50 extra at the bar... because obviously paying the brewer more means it costs an extra quid to store and serve :huh:

we've dabbled in kegging, but not to any great degree due to the fact we don't have proper kegs, and keykegs are expensive (I don't really agree with their use for local supply).

It is now easy to get `boutique` beers in Sheffield albeit at some daft prices but that makes it even more important to have Steel City producing `leftfield` ales in cask imho. And I don`t mean that in an old school CAMRA way.