The Sheffield Whale

Jon

Originally posted by "f_g"

I heard from a teacher at school that this is true, its not just a dream!

told you this wasn't a dream i asked my 72 year old mum and she remembers it too taking me to see this whale :D

no your not dreaming it its true it was on the bottom of the moor where the milk board used to come in the 50s and i went inside it ok,it was a full scale whale not real but near enough and you walked in the mouth i think and out the tail and it was on a big truck,and the silly thing when i took my kids to great yarmouth in the early 80s we went to hemsby for the day and there it was poss not the same but same idea and i got pics of the kids going into this whale on the truck so yea you aint dreaming it ok it came to sheffield and was on the spare ground bottom of the moor next to the travelers pub.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Originally posted by David Bowler

No, you wer`nt dreaming, I saw that whale but there were several that toured the country as part of a fair, I think it would be in the early fifties.

:thumbsup: I knew someone else must have seen it :P

• 1 month later...

Does anyone else of a 'certain age' remember being taken to see a Blue Whale (dead) in Sheffield. My vague (surreal) recollections are that is was somewhere down the bottom of the Moor, where Santas Grotto used to be.

It was on a lorry and huge, but if you do have strange memories of it that are still lingering the truth is at hand.....

see http://www.bigwhaleonalorry.com

andyb