Circuitous patriotic debate

Reference to Hitler

Answer reached

This was a comparatively efficient thread though as:

1.We got to an answer

2.No reference was made to Islam

3.No reference was made to EGGS BENEDICT

4.No one said they didn't like Toby Foster

It's because the Queen went to visit Chatsworth in July and they've not taken them down.

That's not the case as the flags have been up well before her visit and in any case she never closer than Rowsley.

They were actually raised as part of the L'Eroica Brittanica, a vintage cycle weekend held in the town in June. Initially as the traders liked them it was decided to keep them up for the town's carnival week and due to lots of positive feedback they've been up ever since.

I agree it should be flown on all such like buildings as it is our national flag that we all should be proud of.

I really don't understand how you can be proud of a piece of cloth with a pattern on it.

That does not mean I am not patriotic, merely that I find this whole jingoistic, flag-waving nonsense rather silly.

I'm certainly not patriotic, but my daughter who aged 22 is and on her way to work the day the queen came to visit 12th July I believe, she said it was really lovely to see all the old people from the care homes (we have a few) outside at the side of the A6 waving their flags.

For them, this was probably a huge deal, and they must have felt they were part of something really special, so if this makes them happy, then I'm truly glad the effort was made to decorate with flags.

Go Lizzy!

Archived