Flying nightmares

Nope, deffo Air Canada. Admittedly, it was a while ago, and they were red eye flights (...so astute HR policy may explain that one ;):D)

I've flown AA a couple of times, deffo better than many others. But Virgin and Air France have yet to be beaten still. IMHO of course.

I must have been unfortunate with the AA flight. I can vouch for Virgin, twice I've flown with them and both times were good. Never flown with AF, however would recommend KLM.

Nope, deffo Air Canada. Admittedly, it was a while ago, and they were red eye flights (...so astute HR policy may explain that one ;):D)

I've flown AA a couple of times, deffo better than many others. But Virgin and Air France have yet to be beaten still. IMHO of course.

AA was one of the worst flights I've ever been on.

Never, EVER again. Which now leaves me limited on direct flights to see my Dad, as theyre the only airline who flies direct from MAN to JFK - Newark isnt an option for me. I sorely miss the BA operated flight they had. It was always packed out and amazing cabin staff. Shame BA only want to run from Heathrow.

Virgin was one of the best flights I've ever had and paying the £20 to use the first class lounge at MAN made it even better. Shame there was no access to the first class lounge in Orlando. Now to get them to go direct to JFK and theyll have me for life.

With the number of European carriers I have experienced I can safely say: the quality of the flight depends entirely on the cabin crew.

I prefer Lufthansa in Europe but intercontinental KLM/Air France seem better. BA has consistently disappointed me.

My brother went over to Canada about fourteen years ago ... he's still not come back! :P
Cleartly a man of sense.

---------- Post added 02-09-2014 at 15:37 ----------

Ok so at long last I have decided to go over to Canada and see my brother who I haven’t for many years :).Great can’t wait to see him , other than I have to get on a plane and considering I have never flown before let alone a long haul flight i need some:help:. What worries me more than anything is the escalating situation with ISIS and Co with their threats to destroy everything that moves :suspect:. Now can some seasoned traveller please tell me how good our airport security are .I need some reassuring as this isn’t going to go away anytime soon and my fingernails have all but gone .Thanks M
You need have no worry about airport security in the UK. It is intense. On a recent visit to Oslo from Shannon, Ireland we had to change planes in Heathrow, This involved passing through 3 different terminals at Heathrow to get to the one we needed, with a full body check at each one. A bit much perhaps, but if that's what it takes, so be it.

Ok so at long last I have decided to go over to Canada and see my brother who I haven’t for many years :).Great can’t wait to see him , other than I have to get on a plane and considering I have never flown before let alone a long haul flight i need some:help:. What worries me more than anything is the escalating situation with ISIS and Co with their threats to destroy everything that moves :suspect:. Now can some seasoned traveller please tell me how good our airport security are .I need some reassuring as this isn’t going to go away anytime soon and my fingernails have all but gone .Thanks M
You need have no worry about airport security in the UK. It is intense. On a recent visit to Oslo from Shannon, Ireland we had to change planes in Heathrow, This involved passing through different terminals at Heathrow to get to the one we needed. We had to go through a full body check at each one. A bit much perhaps, but if that's what it takes, so be it.

---------- Post added 02-09-2014 at 15:42 ----------

Nope ... my brother's an idiot at his own admission. Fortunately, (according to him) Canadians are even bigger idiots so he fits right in ... he's even a Canadian citizen now! :P
I was a citizen too for a while. There are Canadians who actually hate summer:loopy:

Last June we flew back to L.A from New Orleans by Delta Airlines. My wife's suitcase was within the limits so she was charged the standard fee of 25 dollars. Mine was 3 lbs overweight. The ticket clerk told me I would have to pay one hundred dollars :o I removed a pair of tennys and transferred them to my wife's luggage. That brought thr weight down and avoided the penalty.

Airline travel just seems to be getting worse and worse. Not content with charging a kings ransom for fares plus suitcases they try to stick you with anything else they can get away with. Latest is a possible extra charge for requesting seats together.

It wont be long before they'll install slot machines on the doors of the johns or maybe charge for the time it takes to answer nature's calls and if you wish to recline your seat there'll be an extra "reclining charge" involved. No more free movies either on domestic flights. You pay a few bucks for a pair of ear phones and half the time they dont work properly

Alaska Airlines used to joke in their adverts about a bag of peanuts and a cup of water. Now it's come true :hihi:

---------- Post added 03-09-2014 at 05:55 ----------

AA was one of the worst flights I've ever been on.

Never, EVER again. Which now leaves me limited on direct flights to see my Dad, as theyre the only airline who flies direct from MAN to JFK - Newark isnt an option for me. I sorely miss the BA operated flight they had. It was always packed out and amazing cabin staff. Shame BA only want to run from Heathrow.

Virgin was one of the best flights I've ever had and paying the £20 to use the first class lounge at MAN made it even better. Shame there was no access to the first class lounge in Orlando. Now to get them to go direct to JFK and theyll have me for life.

Virgin's economy class seating leg space is deplorable. Otherwise it's a pretty good airline to fly on.

The best airline I've flown on was Air China. We flew 747 Jumbo non stop to Beijing. The leg space was more than adequate and the service and food first class. Even the flight attendants were young and attractive... not the grandmotherly looking hags who seem to have taken up airlines as a career these days.

The landing at Beijing was the smoothest I've ever experienced in all the years I've flown. Which idiot claimed that the Chinese dont make good pilots?

---------- Post added 03-09-2014 at 06:00 ----------

You need have no worry about airport security in the UK. It is intense. On a recent visit to Oslo from Shannon, Ireland we had to change planes in Heathrow, This involved passing through different terminals at Heathrow to get to the one we needed. We had to go through a full body check at each one. A bit much perhaps, but if that's what it takes, so be it.

---------- Post added 02-09-2014 at 15:42 ----------

I was a citizen too for a while. There are Canadians who actually hate summer:loopy:[/QUOTE]

That's because ice hockey isnt played in summer :D

Archived