Fed up with European directives?

I strongly suspect your post above is simply 'because' I'm a moderator, and you clearly don't like me or moderators and are therefore sailing as close to the wind as you can with clever insults. Just give it a rest eh?

No Pete actually it's not. I'd explain why but I strongly suspect I'll get another snarky reply from you and since you've not paid one whit to my requests to give it a rest I feel disinclined to acquiesce to yours.

And back to the subject in question. Pete, out of interest, does this directive really effect you? I mean, apart from making your next hoover more efficient, does this negatively impact your life? Genuine question.

Well, I suppose in the grand scheme of things it's pretty insignificant. But it's just that 'some' things irritate....get your goat for no other reason than it 'just' irritates.

It's a bit like people talking very loudly on their mobile phone....who cares?...But it's irritating, and at the time you could cheerfully snatch the phone off them and toss it into the canal.

Kind of straw that breaks the camels back type scenario. If that makes sense?

Well, I suppose in the grand scheme of things it's pretty insignificant. But it's just that 'some' things irritate....get your goat for no other reason than it 'just' irritates.

It's a bit like people talking very loudly on their mobile phone....who cares?...But it's irritating, and at the time you could cheerfully snatch the phone off them and toss it into the canal.

It's hard to understand a comparison of this directive with people talking loudly on their mobile phones, because people talking on a phone is something that is tangible in your life, most people would agree that it is really annoying. This directive however, will have very little negative impact on many people.

I'm not having a dig, I'm just trying to understand.

I am puzzled why it would irritate you. The EU are essentially doing you a favour and saving you from buying a inefficient hoover in future. I would be inclined to understand your position if you were directly inconvenienced as a result of this directive.

It's hard to understand a comparison of this directive with people talking loudly on their mobile phones, because people talking on a phone is something that is tangible in your life, most people would agree that it is really annoying. This directive however, will have very little negative impact on many people.

I'm not having a dig, I'm just trying to understand.

Well...Maybe my analogy wasn't a good example. I'll concede that.

I did hear some 'banter' on the radio on my way to work today, and they were talking about this very subject, and saying people will probably go for machines (hoovers) classed as 'industrial'. I'm not sure I'd want a hulking great industrial vac lumbering around my house. But that was the 'talk'. So clearly, I'm not the only person on the planet, or this forum who is 'irritated' by this. I fully accept it probably won't affect me directly for a long while.

It doesn't mean that I dismiss it as easily as someone shouting down their mobile phone though. Maybe I'm just anti EU. I've never really thought of myself in that way..But hey ho....

---------- Post added 02-09-2014 at 16:16 ----------

I am puzzled why it would irritate you. The EU are essentially doing you a favour and saving you from buying a inefficient hoover in future. I would be inclined to understand your position if you were directly inconvenienced as a result of this directive.

Oh come on...are you saying nothing irritates you that doesn't directly involve you personally and at a finite moment in time? We all get irritated by the most stupid things sometimes. It's just human nature. What I find irritating, someone else finds perfectly acceptable, and vice versa. It's just the way it is.

I'm not so daft as to sit here and try and convince everyone I'm right, and they're wrong, it's just part of life.

Archived