Fed up with European directives?

Not sure why anyone is still posting in this thread, tbh.

Might as well pee in a violin to try and get a tune out.

Point scoring?....I said ages ago, I wasn't going to, but I kept getting asked questions, and it would be rude not to respond...

You said " I don't see them actually reducing them...Not ever..." and I just gave you evidence that shows they routinely do.... well as I said before if you really don't want to consider evidence then don't be surprised when people assumie you are being shall we say a little close minded....

Did you actually look at the link I sent?.....I said earlier, yes they reduce them occasionally, in order to entice the 'switchers'...But overall the trend is up....It's not me who is closed minded...really....I could go off and find links where they've increased the prices like this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24562930 (yes I know it's an old link, just like yours)...We could play ping pong links all day...the overall trend in prices is up...

---------- Post added 03-09-2014 at 15:33 ----------

Or maybe you don't want to because you know it will blow your theory out of the water.

Do you have your bills with you at work?....I'm on a PAYG meter for both fuels....Not that, that is any of your concern. :suspect:

So, without evidence how do you know for certain?

How do I know what?....I didn't claim any certainty....If you look at my post I said I presume...or it might have been assume...same difference.

Why are you perusing this line of interrogation?...

I've given you links to evidence that the overall trend in prices year on year is up....why do you dispute that?

Did you actually look at the link I sent?.....I said earlier, yes they reduce them occasionally, in order to entice the 'switchers'...But overall the trend is up....It's not me who is closed minded...really....I could go off and find links where they've increased the prices like this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24562930 (yes I know it's an old link, just like yours)...We could play ping pong links all day...the overall trend in prices is up...

Show me where I said the overall trend wasn't upwards?

You said you couldnt see them EVER lowering prices - and when I point out they regularly do, you move the goalposts and change it to "overall the trend is up"....:roll:

---------- Post added 03-09-2014 at 15:54 ----------

Not sure why anyone is still posting in this thread, tbh.

Might as well pee in a violin to try and get a tune out.

I'm beginning to think you are right. You can lead a horse to water etc....

Show me where I said the overall trend wasn't upwards?

You said you couldnt see them EVER lowering prices - and when I point out they regularly do, you move the goalposts and change it to "overall the trend is up"....:roll:

---------- Post added 03-09-2014 at 15:54 ----------

I'm beginning to think you are right. You can lead a horse to water etc....

Now you're being a little pedantic. Oh well. Don't bother leading me to water, I can get there myself :)

How do I know what?....I didn't claim any certainty....If you look at my post I said I presume...or it might have been assume...same difference.

Why are you perusing this line of interrogation?...

I've given you links to evidence that the overall trend in prices year on year is up....why do you dispute that?

Initially, you complained about Eurocrats lowering the power of hoovers. However, as you failed to defend your argument on that, you decided to save face by dismissing this by counter arguing about electric companies putting their prices up as a result of falling demand for electricity.

If you are going to make a claim, it helps to be certain or at least have evidence to support it. You have yet to convince or provide evidence to show that companies increase their prices when demand falls.

Initially, you complained about Eurocrats lowering the power of hoovers. However, as you failed to defend your argument on that, you decided to save face by dismissing this by counter arguing about electric companies putting their prices up as a result of falling demand for electricity.

If you are going to make a claim, it helps to be certain or at least have evidence to support it. You have yet to convince or provide evidence to show that companies increase their prices when demand falls.

For goodness sake....I posted a bit of a rant about EU directives...I didn't mention electricity or fuel costs...someone else brought that into the debate..NOT ME....

Check my first post if you don't believe me....Now I have you, like a dog with a bone, who simply cannot accept that year on year prices increase, and being pedantic about when that happens.....It gets more expensive...that's it...Enough said!

For goodness sake....I posted a bit of a rant about EU directives...I didn't mention electricity or fuel costs...someone else brought that into the debate..NOT ME....

Check my first post if you don't believe me....Now I have you, like a dog with a bone, who simply cannot accept that year on year prices increase, and being pedantic about when that happens.....It gets more expensive...that's it...Enough said!

Electricity getting more expensive has nothing to do with companies hiking their prices as a result of lower demand due to energy efficient appliances.

Archived