Fed up with European directives?

You see Pete that's the problem - you want us to just take your word for it.

But you get snippy when you think we are asking you to do the same in reverse... :huh: even when that's manifestly not what people are doing.

You've stated an opinion. People think that opinion is wrong and ask you to justify it - or point out errors of fact.

You then get all snippy and huffy at this. But that's the nature of debate... if you cannot defend your opinion against a reasoned argument it's still an opinion, and a not very good or robust one.

Errm... :huh:

... that's just your opinion! :P

You see Pete that's the problem - you want us to just take your word for it.

But you get snippy when you think we are asking you to do the same in reverse... :huh: even when that's manifestly not what people are doing.

You've stated an opinion. People think that opinion is wrong and ask you to justify it - or point out errors of fact.

You then get all snippy and huffy at this. But that's the nature of debate... if you cannot defend your opinion against a reasoned argument it's still an opinion, and a not very good or robust one.

Well..all I can say is 'I' have opinions....if you have to find documented evidence of your 'opinion'...it's a bit of a shame....I've provided you with evidence of my claims...which incidentally are nothing whatsoever to do with the OP...But I've humoured you throughout ... Defended my point of view and suffered a barrage of harassments from the gang of intellectuals...

Oh...and who are these 'people' who think I'm wrong?....You and your gang?...I bet there's a couple of hundred 'lurkers' who think I'm absolutely right....But afraid to post for fear of being reported or verbally trashed....It don't work with me...I think you realised that by now...Lead me to the water...NOT

---------- Post added 03-09-2014 at 21:05 ----------

I see you are on the evening shift...who's drawn the short straw for the night shift to berate me?...I've had AO all day...now it's your turn.....hahhaha

Pete. If I was you I would just ignore them. Let them have the last word. That way they think they have won some sort of battle. It makes them feel superior

But they're not superior....having that attitude will just make it worse for the next unsuspecting person who ends up being the target of their tactics...It's self perpetuating...

Yes pedants....Yep I'm a mod, but I'm also a real person...and you are pedants...it's not particularly an insult...just descriptive of your posting. How have I stifled debate?...I've answered every post targeted at me....But you just can't accept it...

I had a small rant in my first post, all completely factual...someone shifted the argument to cost of fuel...I debated my 'opinion'...Note...the use of the word 'opinion' and then the gang grill me on every minute detail...

The plain fact is...fuel cost will inexorably rise, year on year regardless of energy saving gadgets....But you choose to be pedantic and assert I 'said' when usage gets lower as a result of energy saving from the elite amongst us the cost will rise.

Don't you realise the energy companies, play a game?....Hike the price in the winter and make a killing...then offer a small reduction in the summer to catch the serial 'switchers'...then hike it up again...I can plainly see it. It's a shame you can't....Just because I said in one of my posts that they would never EVER reduce the price, I get 3 links telling me they did...I could find a lot more telling you they increased it...That's what I mean about being a pedant. But I'm sure you will come back with a smart reply...hey ho....It's your entertainment, obviously.

The plain fact is...the cost of fuel has increased for everyone year on year, and will continue...no matter what wattage of motor you put in your vacuum....No matter if they reduce it for the benefit of the serial 'switcher'...Just accept it and stop being pedantic!

If you cannot debate without feeling you are being set upon or subject to pedantry, which being asked to provide evidence or to clarify your reasoning, is not then I suggest you grow thicker skin.

Myself and others who have tried debating with you, now we stand accused of being bullies and now we are being subject to name calling and snidey comments. As I said, very mature.

Archived