Fed up with European directives?

It would be seriously daft to think that this one piece of legislation on it's own would have much on an effect, but it's a step in the right direction.

Yes it probably is a step in the right direction....But all that says to me, is hold your breath for a whole raft of other EU directives....God help us! :)

Over the last couple of years I have spent a small fortune on energy saving devices. God know how many energy saving LED lights I have bought (to replace all the energy saving CFL bulbs that also cost a packet), kettle that boils one cup of water, energy saving phones that have eco mode, a washing machine that will do cold washes etc.

I now use about 60% of what I used to use (electricity) but my bill has almost doubled.

Of course the bills will go up if the energy companies profits go down due to people not using as much.

So bereft of any argument you resort to abuse.

And you are a moderator? Shame on you.

No...Not bereft of arguments.....

I wasn't the one who said

Everyones entitled to be a close minded anti intellectual sort but it doesnt mean it's something to aspire to....

I may be a moderator, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with you or anyone else.

Yes it probably is a step in the right direction....But all that says to me, is hold your breath for a whole raft of other EU directives....God help us! :)

Why are you especially afraid? As Tzildra has pointed out, saying the EU has done nothing for us is a bit like the Judean Peoples front complaining about what have the Romans ever done for us.....

---------- Post added 01-09-2014 at 15:32 ----------

No...Not bereft of arguments.....

I wasn't the one who said

I may be a moderator, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with you or anyone else.

How fortunate that I never asked you to then. I did ask you not to be close minded which is a different think.

However you now seem to be annoyed that I don't conform to your view. Odd that....

Why are you especially afraid? As Tzildra has pointed out, saying the EU has done nothing for us is a bit like the Judean Peoples front complaining about what have the Romans ever done for us.....

How fortunate that I never asked you to then. I did ask you not to be close minded which is a different think.

However you now seem to be annoyed that I don't conform to your view. Odd that....

Wasn't that the peoples front of Judea :hihi:

Yes. God help us from EU directives that move us in the right direction.

Like bananas with too much bend in them?...hahaha...or water bottles which are not allowed to be labelled in any way that might elude to being beneficial for dehydration?....

I don't doubt there have been quite a few positive directives....But there's a whole raft of pointless silly ones too!

It is rather amusing to see that as soon as something says: EU the blinkers go on and people go berserk. We never hear about the countless guidelines and regulations that come from Westminster because that is 'democratic'.

There is a final analogy I want to make: US cars use 4 liter petrol engines that produce about the same power for twice the petrol consumption as a modern European 1.8 or 2 liter petrol engine. Which would you rather drive? I know which I' have chosen :)

Give it a rest eh?....

Archived