BBC are an untrustworthy organisation!!

Waldo

So the police were right to trust the BBC? Or do you mean that 'perfectly properly' included extorting the police and breaking promises made to them?

What promise is that ?

To quote the link:-

"Tony Hall, the BBC director general, appeared before committee after Crompton and said that if the police had asked the corporation not to run the story, it would have obliged."

SYP police were incompetent in that they allowed themselves to be stitched up by the BBC; but the BBC are in the clear, because stitching up the police constitutes 'perfectly proper' behaviour?

What promise did the BBC make? What is the nature of the extortion to which you refer?

What promise is that ?

To quote the link:-

"Tony Hall, the BBC director general, appeared before committee after Crompton and said that if the police had asked the corporation not to run the story, it would have obliged."

I was watching it live; I didn't see the part where the BBC were quizzed.

The Chief Inspector said something along the lines of BBC had promised not to show up before 9am (they were their at 8am) and also how the BBC were blackmailing or extorting the police (sorry, I can't remember exact details) over the matter.

---------- Post added 03-09-2014 at 11:58 ----------

What promise did the BBC make? What is the nature of the extortion to which you refer?

I think it was Keith Vas who used the term 'extort'. If I remember correctly (and I may well not be), SYP were suggesting the BBC were going to run the story early, unless they were allowed to attend the raid. Or something like that.

I think it was Keith Vas who used the term 'extort'. If I remember correctly (and I may well not be), SYP were suggesting the BBC were going to run the story early, unless they were allowed to attend the raid. Or something like that.

Well, Keith Vaz is well known for spewing a load of crap before he has the facts, then conveniently forgetting what he's said after the facts are known.

Remember the "Manhunt" video game hysteria he whipped up, then was completely wrong about..... He didn't appologise for getting it wrong then either.

Now he has the facts it seems he's happy that the BBC acted with integrity.

I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill here; and I appreciate I'm a bit sketchy with the details; but it did seem very much like SYP were being made scapegoats and the BBC exonerated.

There's something that doesn't quite make logical sense to me; if an organisation has integrity; then how can it be incompetence to trust then? Sure, by definition, it's incompetence to trust an untrustworthy organisation; but to trust a trustworthy organisation?

If we assume that trusting a trustworthy organisation, does not constitute incompetence; and that SYP were incompetent for trusting the BBC, then it logically follows that the BBC are untrustworthy (according to Keith Vaz - yet he is being logically inconsistent when he also exonerates the BBC).

Maybe I just didn't like the way they were stuck up snobs from down south were covering each others asses and throwing the northerner under a bus...

Have you also stopped your tax contributions toward the police and social services?

No,I believe everyone(where possible) should pay for the services they use,or might need to use in years to come.

The TV license is not a service I will be putting in the "need" category anytime soon.:D

The TVL is the biggest con ever....

Over half a billion a year is paid from the Government (aren't they generous?:thumbsup:),towards the TVL on behalf of over 75's,thats a hell of a lot a money to pay out(especially in our current hard times).

How about this for the greatest lie ever told.....Detector vans!

Did you know

..over 150,000 people were prosecuted last year,yet detector equipment has never,been used by the prosecution.

They say they only use it to obtain a search warrant...really?(if its good enough for a search warrant,surely its good enough for the prosecution?)

Fishy much?:hihi:

5 billion a year generated,and a HUGE chunk of that from the Government.

Archived