Another hostage beheaded by Islamic State

But then they will be encouraged to kidnap more people, because they know they'll get paid ransoms.

Surely pandering to them just encourages them.

From the Islamic State point of view, do they care ever so much if they get the ransom money or get the publicity from executing their captive live on videotape?

I think they'll take as many hostages as they can, because the outcome serves their cause whichever way it goes. I don't think hostage taking will go up or down through us paying up, but I know a lot more hostages will survive if we pay up.

At least the BBC has managed to find a few moslims to condemn the actions of the evil people I heard on the radio tonight

My bold=

The correct word to use would be Muslim unless you are a right wing type. :rolleyes:

From the Islamic State point of view, do they care ever so much if they get the ransom money or get the publicity from executing their captive live on videotape?

I think they'll take as many hostages as they can, because the outcome serves their cause whichever way it goes. I don't think ransom taking will go up or down through us paying up, but I know a lot more hostages will survive if we pay up.

What about all the people that are killed with the weapons that are bought with the ransom money that is paid. Giving terrorists money and the means to buy weapons is a dumb idea, it just allows them to commit more terror attacks and kill more people.

Archived