Which laws of other countries should we accept?

And came to Britain in 1965.

You'd dissolve their marriage on the basis that they broke a British law when they weren't in Britain and weren't British citizens at the time?

Not sure what should happen now, the the police seem to be going back quite a long time for this sort of crime.

What should happen today? Anyone entering the UK should at the very least need to have a legal UK marriage.

Tourists included? :)

It's a tricky question isn't it? If a married couple from another country where U16 marriage is allowed come on holiday here,then,assuming the husband is over 16 and the wife is still under 16, should he be prosecuted for having sex with a minor? or should we let them ignore the laws which everyone else who lives here has to obey.. not voicing an opinion either way...just posing the question..

Not sure what should happen now, the the police seem to be going back quite a long time for this sort of crime.

What should happen today? Anyone entering the UK should at the very least need to have a legal UK marriage.

So you'd not recognise anyone from abroad as married then? Or you'd only recognise them as married if the marriage would have satisfied our law when it took place?

And I suppose you'd be happy if you went abroad and your marriage wasn't deemed to be legal there would you?

---------- Post added 03-09-2014 at 12:31 ----------

What sort of crime? We don't have laws to stop foreigners marrying according to the law in their own country, nor could we or should we.

---------- Post added 03-09-2014 at 12:33 ----------

It's a tricky question isn't it? If a married couple from another country where U16 marriage is allowed come on holiday here,then,assuming the husband is over 16 and the wife is still under 16, should he be prosecuted for having sex with a minor? or should we let them ignore the laws which everyone else who lives here has to obey.. not voicing an opinion either way...just posing the question..

Firstly, do you believe that 15 year old girls with 16 year old boyfriends a) don't ignore the law, b) that this results in prosecution?

c) are you confusing being married with having sex? Or would you somehow surveil this couple to determine that they have sex?

---------- Post added 03-09-2014 at 12:34 ----------

Is the OP just trying to stir up racial hatred?

Are Muslims still beyond the reach of the law, or should we accept other countries laws?

Firstly, do you believe that 15 year old girls with 16 year old boyfriends a) don't ignore the law, b) that this results in prosecution?

c) are you confusing being married with having sex? Or would you somehow surveil this couple to determine that they have sex?

what about 15 year old girls with 25 year old boyfriends...? As I said I'm just asking the question..if they are here visiting family for a few months do you think they'd abstain?

Which laws of other countries should we accept?
French laws (i) criminalizing usury rates and (ii) establishing the criminal liability of parents for U18s.

Germany's laws criminalizing the running out of gas on motorways.

Spain's laws criminalizing spitting in public.

Singapore's laws criminalizing the chewing of gum.

Oh and, reportedly, in Japan it is technically forbidden to be obese (lawmakers set a maximum waistline of 80cm for men aged 40 and over)...wouldn't be a bad one for over here either.

Today is my reactionary day, as you can tell :hihi:

With my insincere apologies for trying to derail the immigration-related debate slowly taking shape above :P

French laws (i) criminalizing usury rates and (ii) establishing the criminal liability of parents for U18s.

Germany's laws criminalizing the running out of gas on motorways.

Spain's laws criminalizing spitting in public.

Singapore's laws criminalizing the chewing of gum.

Oh and, reportedly, in Japan it is technically forbidden to be obese (lawmakers set a maximum waistline of 80cm for men aged 40 and over)...wouldn't be a bad one for over here either.

Today is my reactionary day, as you can tell :hihi:

With my insincere apologies for trying to derail the immigration-related debate slowly taking shape above :P

Foreign laws - NO! We are quite capable of making our own (apart from the government that is lol!).

Archived