U-Buffet on West Street

Ade65

Anyone who has quite specific and complex dietary needs shouldnt really be going to a Chinese buffet

#justsaying

Why not? Not all Chinese restaurants are the same, some are very good in catering fro specific needs. I think your assertion is more appropriate if it is applied to low-cost rerstaurants, which is rather different.

Anyone who has quite specific and complex dietary needs shouldnt really be going to a Chinese buffet

#justsaying

Just what in the heck are you talking about?

Surely if you are allergic to egg, or milk, or particulalry nuts, there should be some way of warning punters that this is a dish to be avoided?

And as for my vegetarianism, how difficult is it, exactly to

a) prepare chinese grub without any meat, and

b) label the grub provided as veggie suitable/ non suitable? Jeesh!! this is 2014!!

They can label and price things correctly it's a major part of the deal.

I want to choose what I eat or drink based on the menu, advertisement and price.

The new one on eccy road, Squatting Dog or summat, charge £50 for ribeye!

I need to know in advance that a steak is going to cost me £50 if I eat it first I'm likely to collapse when they bring the bill.

Same if I order chicken. I want chicken not a mystery meat.

Had enough 'surprises' when I was a nipper.

Exactly as people with dietry needs.

But common sense would say it was 1/2 pint £1.40 and pint £2.80... surely? Misprint?

No, the law says the prices must be displayed, clearly and accurately. It quite clearly states both prices are for a pint.

---------- Post added 10-09-2014 at 19:45 ----------

So because I'm lactose intolerant (which is no fault of my own) should I just stop at home and never eat out again?

Well, obviously. ;) We're weirdos, apparently...

And as for my vegetarianism, how difficult is it, exactly to

a) prepare chinese grub without any meat, and

b) label the grub provided as veggie suitable/ non suitable? Jeesh!! this is 2014!!

Perhaps they're not bothered about catering for fussy eaters.

---------- Post added 10-09-2014 at 19:52 ----------

So because I'm lactose intolerant (which is no fault of my own) should I just stop at home and never eat out again?

Does your lactose intolerance prevent you from understanding an argument?

Archived