People's 'nights' on here...

tonton_mac

I really enjoy reading how people describe their 'nights' on here.

'It's a variable jazz, punk, madragal behemoth rising out of the ashes, influences include breakbeat, backbeat, slapstick, bashstick, twiglet and pence. Live Bavarian Oom-pah-pah from 9.30am and dj's include Tony the Shetland Pony, Simon Mayo feat a live M.C. set from Sybil Roscoe as well as a mouse with broomhandles tied to its paws banging some free AOL cd's to the sound of the theme from 'The Money programme'. Entrance is through a tunnel. Bring some clean shoes.

haha,

Or the ones that scream, 79 ARENAS! 90,000 DJ's! FOURTEEN THOUSAND MC'S! They always make me think of some GCSE maths question and add them all up in my head.

"If Kamal has 64 pumping arenas and MCLITETOUCH has 6 MC's and the night is meant to last for 8, how many arenas will each MC have to visit before the place is banging?"

Entry: a 'monkey' before 8.28am. Tuesday. GURLSINFREEB4TEN!!11!!11!!!

haha,

Or the ones that scream, 79 ARENAS! 90,000 DJ's! FOURTEEN THOUSAND MC'S! They always make me think of some GCSE maths question and add them all up in my head.

"If Kamal has 64 pumping arenas and MCLITETOUCH has 6 MC's and the night is meant to last for 8, how many arenas will each MC have to visit before the place is banging?"

Entry: a 'monkey' before 8.28am. Tuesday. GURLSINFREEB4TEN!!11!!11!!!

:hihi:

Very good.

I love how "a night of clubbing classics" has come to mean "a night of completely soul destroying god-awful cheesy sh*t".

Too true!

Some "DJ's" really ought to be ashamed of themselves....

I suppose we're all a bit guilty of it....but i would love to know how funky vocal house differs from soulful uplifting house etc ???? I like house but come on we be splitting hairs ere.

By the way this saturday we've got 3 DJs in ONE arena on ONE soundsystem playing HUNDREDS of rotating oil based products which contain THOUSANDS of beautiful feelings. Also LUSHLIFE from SCENARIO RECORDS will be doing a LIVE P.A.

tonton_mac

we'll have to get you describing our nights. I've had a look over my previous posts and the best I description of Seven by 7 I'd written was:

"It's like a pie of pop, punk, soul, funk, rock, ragga and disco, held together by the flaky pastry of our mixing."

You could do a lot better.

Incidentally, we're taking over the earth room at Plug this Friday (24 march). 7-inch action, all night long.

Archived