Tramlines 2015.

Guest sibon

Yes, the famous rappy, shouty, hip-hoppers are just the ticket for somebody who doesn't like rappy, shouty bands. Any others? ;)
Maybe you should head for the Folk Forest? That will at least be relatively low key and from what I understand is a lot of peoples favourite part of the whole festival

Maybe you should head for the Folk Forest? That will at least be relatively low key and from what I understand is a lot of peoples favourite part of the whole festival

Thanks for the suggestion. I've seen The Natterjacks before and I enjoyed them. But they're on a bit early (12:00 at Endcliffe Park). It's a pity they're not playing in The City Centre.

Hip-Hop v Val Doonican so far. Anything a bit more mainstream? :)

Thanks for the suggestion. I've seen The Natterjacks before and I enjoyed them. But they're on a bit early (12:00 at Endcliffe Park). It's a pity they're not playing in The City Centre.

Hip-Hop v Val Doonican so far. Anything a bit more mainstream? :)

You say Val Doonican like its a bad thing!

Not a clue. Maybe try the This Is Heeley stage for Everley Pregnant Brothers or the Fat Cat for stuff going on down there?

You say Val Doonican like its a bad thing!

Not a clue. Maybe try the This Is Heeley stage for Everley Pregnant Brothers or the Fat Cat for stuff going on down there?

Yeah sorry Val if you're reading this.

I like The Everley Pregnants but again a bit far out of town for my intended city centre pub crawl. Cheers anyway.

How about catch a Busker Tram from Sheffield Station to Shalesmoor (depart at 5 past the hour with live music on board) then to CADS for the blues stage then onto Shakespeare's. From here you could walk to Red House or the main stage.

Cant wait for weekend, hope weather holds out. Only thing is Ponderosa is a bit far away from rest of event so you need to pick out what you want to see carefully.

Not that far really - 10 mins walk from University or simply jump on a tram - Netherthorpe Road and Shalesmoor tram stops both close to Ponderosa.

---------- Post added 21-07-2015 at 15:22 ----------

TRAMLINES BY SUPERTRAM

Trams run every 5 minutes Mon-Sat daytime, every 10 minutes evening/Sunday through the Tramlines festival zone:

Sheffield Station or Hyde Park

Fitzalan Square / Ponds Forge

Castle Square

Cathedral

City Hall

West Street

University of Sheffield

Netherthorpe Road

Shalesmoor

Infirmary Road Tesco

All day travel pass between the above stops £3 during Tramlines festival.

All day travel pass for full tram network plus Stagecoach buses £3.90 adult, £2 child, £9 family.

Edited by Andy C

Anybody else think it's entirely stupid that you buy a ticket online and then have to queue for ages to get a wristband...

Why not post the wristband out and solve this issue? Seems a stupid way of doing things and a waste of everyones time.

Anybody else think it's entirely stupid that you buy a ticket online and then have to queue for ages to get a wristband...

Why not post the wristband out and solve this issue? Seems a stupid way of doing things and a waste of everyones time.

When you buy online do they actually post anything out? Or is it just a reference number you print out and take to the wristband exchange?