What to do sun / mon / tue with my mother!

neeeeeeeeeek

OK, my mum is coming up for a few days. There is art in the park on Saturday, but what else is there to do? Mainly Monday and Tuesday.

Likes gardens, loved Yorkshire Sculpture Park, have a car so happy to drive out into the peaks, or somewhere else.

Is there anything on? Any recommendations?

Taa

:)

If she's not been to the Chatsworth gardens then that of course comes highly recommended. There's also a very good farm shop (expensive, but lovely produce) and a great garden centre on the estate, along with at least 2 tea rooms (one each with garden centre and farm shop, there may be more elsewhere on the estate).

Have you done the blue john caverns with her? Includes a good reason to go to Castleton, have a look at some scenery and visit somewhere for tea. If she's not a cavern sort of person I can highly recommend the Chestnut otter and owl place, which is just past the top of Winatts pass. You do need good mobility there though, as the entrance is at road level but the walk goes all the way down into the valley bottom.

Done Chatstworth, might end up there again though as the sculpture exhibition opens on Monday.

Not been down the caverns, will suggest it. Driven past the Otter place a few times so another good idea.

I think there is a market on in Bakewell on a Monday? well, that's what I was told!

Even Meadowhall is one up from helping that lazy feker move house ;)

---------- Post added 05-09-2014 at 18:15 ----------

Never heard of Pooles Cavern, will Google it now :D

How does it compare to the Castleton caverns?

Poole's Cavern is an old Victorian show cave. Much easier to access than many of the Castleton caves. It is worth a visit.

How about a drive east to Clumber Park, or Mr Straw's house?

Poole's Cavern is an old Victorian show cave. Much easier to access than many of the Castleton caves. It is worth a visit.

How about a drive east to Clumber Park, or Mr Straw's house?

Unless it has changed you had to book to go to Mr Straws house.

Archived