Tv news refugees in France

lien1

I do not see how allowing these people into the country would make Britain a better place for those already living here. Therefore they should not be allowed in. The government have to draw a line in the sand and say do not cross it. They should apply through legal channels if they want to move here. If they have skills that are needed or money to invest here they should be welcomed. If they are poor and uneducated what is there here for them?

I do not see how allowing these people into the country would make Britain a better place for those already living here. Therefore they should not be allowed in. The government have to draw a line in the sand and say do not cross it. They should apply through legal channels if they want to move here. If they have skills that are needed or money to invest here they should be welcomed. If they are poor and uneducated what is there here for them?

Education, training and the chance to improve their economic prospects maybe?

Education, training and the chance to improve their economic prospects maybe?

But what use is that to the people already living here? It's just further competition for jobs, homes, and resources.

Allowing migrants to waltz in is not what my grandad fought for in WWII. He would be turning in his grave if he could see what has become of this once-great nation.

But what use is that to the people already living here? It's just further competition for jobs, homes, and resources.

Allowing migrants to waltz in is not what my grandad fought for in WWII. He would be turning in his grave if he could see what has become of this once-great nation.

Silly people like to pretend its a world without borders where anyone is free to go anywhere they please unhindered, but it doesn't, or shouldn't, work like that. The NHS is being absolutely swamped with the sheer amount of people that originated from abroad. Its the NATIONAL health service, not the INTERNATIONAL health service.

How do we know?

why do you think they want to come to this country then? Could it be the British weather. All those countries they pass through and all they want is to get to the UK.

---------- Post added 05-09-2014 at 20:55 ----------

So France are to blame for letting these people in? Still not sure how it's our problem...

I do not feel the French are to blame for this problem. They have been asking Government to do something about the benefit system for quite a while, but it seems to be falling of death ears.

Probably because they know we're a soft touch and they'll get free housing, schooling, medical care and a nice financial handout whether they work or not......I guess that is more attractive than what's on offer elsewhere around the world.

Regards

Doom

Good to see that traditional British values such as fair play, decency and charity towards those far less fortunate, live on in characters like you. :rolleyes:

Just listen to yourself.

And in answer to your question, granting asylum to refugees is not necessarily about making them serve our purposes, as if they were the slaves of yore. And tbh I bet many of those 'economic migrants' (if such they are) have a sight better work ethic than many Brits - the ones who won't get out of bed for the minimum wage, etc. Or if it's raining. Or if they are hung over. To get from Sudan to England with hardly any money and willing to risk your life in the process, betokens a far greater degree of resourcefulness than is possessed by many supposed 'job seekers' here, who don't seem to have a clue how to get to the Job Centre under their own steam, let alone across two continents.

You seem to have made your mind up that they're poor retched people fleeing from some sort of persecution. How do you know?

It is thanks to people like you the NHS, schools system and housing are snided up because of all and sundry flocking here.

That's a bit unfair! I'd say the fault lies with the Mail / Express / Sun or whatever repeating urban myths about what a cushy life refugees have. Remember that one about refugees getting free driving lessons from the job centre, because they were immigrants. If journalists told the truth maybe there would be less of a problem.

And I think it's thanks to immigrants that the NHS is kept afloat. People come from all over the world to work in it!

---------- Post added 05-09-2014 at 21:02 ----------

Silly people like to pretend its a world without borders where anyone is free to go anywhere they please unhindered, but it doesn't, or shouldn't, work like that. The NHS is being absolutely swamped with the sheer amount of people that originated from abroad. Its the NATIONAL health service, not the INTERNATIONAL health service.

Yes, to work in it :hihi:

Archived