Holiday insurance..re ash cloud

I paid a huge premium to a company called just travel insurance to cover our daughter who's an ex prem and has all sorts of health issues. We were originally going to Tunisia for 11 nights but after the horrible events there, We changed our destination to Menorca and the duration to 7 nights ( Ill add that when we informed the travel insurance of the changes, There was no refund for the shorter duration or nearer location)

Anyhow fast forward to our return home it turned out my daughters ipad air had got smashed in her luggage. I submitted a claim to the travel insurance because we're looking at about £400 to replace it. They are now wrangling with us over exclusions. The exclusions are: Mobile phones, PDA's and hand held gaming devices. How can an Ipad be considered any of these? Im now awaiting their newest response.

Edited by Bethsmummy

I didn't start a new thread because the forum directed me here,but I had holiday insurance and then I developed a sore throat that lasted weeks and the doctor advised me to have a test for throat cancer. By the time I went to hospital it had eased and the hospital gave me the all clear. It was just a sore throat. Now, you are supposed to report this to the insurance company, which I did because it's on the doctors records anway,but the insurance company then said they would not insure me for anything relating to cancer . my question is why as I have never had cancer ?

Theywould'nt give me a reason.

Did you miss your holiday as a consequence of your sore throat and the doctor's advice ?

If you already had the insurance aren't they out of order, surely that's why you take out insurance. Why don't you ask the ombudsman for advice on this?

The thing is it's for a cruise and you spend a long time on the phone giving them the details. If I get the ombudsman involved and they cancel the insurance I would have to go through the rigmarole again, but it does make me mad.

---------- Post added 14-09-2015 at 10:27 ----------

Did you miss your holiday as a consequence of your sore throat and the doctor's advice ?

No, we don't travel until next May, but you have to book months in advance because they book up fast, and you have to get insurance when you book because they want the details asap. I have even heard people say that they are being asked for insurance details before boarding flights.

The thing is it's for a cruise and you spend a long time on the phone giving them the details. If I get the ombudsman involved and they cancel the insurance I would have to go through the rigmarole again, but it does make me mad.

No, we don't travel until next May, but you have to book months in advance because they book up fast, and you have to get insurance when you book because they want the details asap. I have even heard people say that they are being asked for insurance details before boarding flights.

I don't understand what your problem is then .

The insurance company has made it clear you are not insured for anything relating to cancer which you don't have and hopefully will never have . They have not cancelled your policy, so you should still have holiday insurance for your cruise next May . Stop worrying and just look forward to your holiday .

I know what you're saying about insurance companies, any excuse not to pay out, but I still think they're out of order as you took out the insurance before you developed the sore throat and that's why you took out the insurance.

Any how good luck on it.

I don't understand what your problem is then .

The insurance company has made it clear you are not insured for anything relating to cancer which you don't have and hopefully will never have . They have not cancelled your policy, so you should still have holiday insurance for your cruise next May . Stop worrying and just look forward to your holiday .

Thank's for that Gamston.Well it's not worrying as such. It's thier arrogance that's maddening.COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 14-09-2015 at 11:46 ----------

[/color]

I know what you're saying about insurance companies, any excuse not to pay out, but I still think they're out of order as you took out the insurance before you developed the sore throat and that's why you took out the insurance.

Any how good luck on it.

And thank's for that too gomgeg.

Edited by spilldig