West Street letters that have vanished

ohmyword

It looks to me like the sign writer ran out of space. :hihi:

If you look at the new sign it says 'halal' underneath, so this is presumably what the 'h' stood for... :)

H's are recycled a lot nowadays by signwriters ... along with 'la la' which are removed from signs on offices pertaining to the Town Hall. Of course, this makes the word 'Halal' a particularly easy and cheap word to write, thus resulting in the proliferation of Islamic style restaurants, much to the detriment (and closing down) of 'public swimming bats' and 'ospitals' (or should that be 'ospits'?).

H's are recycled a lot nowadays by signwriters ... along with 'la la' which are removed from signs on offices pertaining to the Town Hall. Of course, this makes the word 'Halal' a particularly easy and cheap word to write, thus resulting in the proliferation of Islamic style restaurants, much to the detriment (and closing down) of 'public swimming bats' and 'ospitals' (or should that be 'ospits'?).

That's quite interesting Mr Alco...

... I don't suppose you happen to know what the rest of the Teletubbies are doing these days? :huh:

That's quite interesting Mr Alco...

... I don't suppose you happen to know what the rest of the Teletubbies are doing these days? :huh:

They 'subtitle bees' so I've heard (You're the expert on anagrams! :P)

---------- Post added 08-09-2014 at 17:07 ----------

Once he gets out of Rampton, he should be able to go and find out.

If you insist on following me around on here and showing yourself up by making some kind of puerile comment every time I post, please try a little harder.

Although I find your childlike badinage mildly amusing, try different angles on your drivel as it's now getting rather repetitive ... a change is as good as a rest and all that ... bless :love:

If you insist on following me around on here and showing yourself up by making some kind of puerile comment every time I post, please try a little harder.

Although I find your childlike badinage mildly amusing, try different angles on your drivel as it's now getting rather repetitive ... a change is as good as a rest and all that ... bless :love:

Not wishing to be obtuse, but I'm quite acute at trying different angles on my drivel! :D

Archived