Springvale House Special School information sought

Would anyone know the original address of this property? Was it Park Crescent or Gloucester Crescent?...
The building doesn't seem to have a separate entry in any of the directories I have (back to 1905). "Springvale Open-Air School" is given as the last entry on Park Crescent from about the late 1920s onwards. The building was evidently part of this school as others have noted (old maps show it in outline without any additional name). It was after my time at King Edward's but I found this in John Cornwell's book "King Ted's":

In 1976, to aid the continual pressure of pupil numbers, the school acquired its fourth teaching site. At least a good five minutes walk away from the main buildings. Springvale, a nearby LEA building, had recently housed a special needs school and was now re-furnished at a cost of £3000 and handed over to the Domestic Science Department. Situated in a pleasant dell below Lynwood, it was approached from Park Lane and it was this building that, a little later, also became the new home of the Sixth Form Common Room.

The building doesn't seem to have a separate entry in any of the directories I have (back to 1905). "Springvale Open-Air School" is given as the last entry on Park Crescent from about the late 1920s onwards. The building was evidently part of this school as others have noted (old maps show it in outline without any additional name). It was after my time at King Edward's but I found this in John Cornwell's book "King Ted's":

In 1976, to aid the continual pressure of pupil numbers, the school acquired its fourth teaching site. At least a good five minutes walk away from the main buildings. Springvale, a nearby LEA building, had recently housed a special needs school and was now re-furnished at a cost of £3000 and handed over to the Domestic Science Department. Situated in a pleasant dell below Lynwood, it was approached from Park Lane and it was this building that, a little later, also became the new home of the Sixth Form Common Room.

Thanks for that information. That certainly clarifies the house was part of the Open air school 'other' building, which is a long building adjacent to the house. I am trying to get some information from the LEA for my research, but no joy so far. Have yet to find a photograph of the house that is not a distant aerial shot.

• 2 months later...

In post 3, you mention that "Sheffield Archive do not appear to have anything"; SA is on Shoreham Street (?) down near the railway station, have you also made enquiries at the Local History section of the Central Library on Surrey Street? That may be worth a try.