Iphone 6plus or s5 or note 3 when it comes

razvanalbu

Yeah, apps that update info every X minutes can slow the phone down, the more you have, the slower it'll be..

Animated backgrounds on your home screen, lots of "updating" icons / apps / widgets can all slow it down..

yeah, press and hold the home button, you should get a list of apps, you can swipe them left or right to close them..

Go through, close them all, and see what happens....

There's LOTS of tweaks to speed up phones, and save battery etc, but you need to know which ones suit your phone usage habits :)

Ok thanks Ghozer, I already have the Samsung-supplied weather app (AccuWeather) along with the BBC weather app and the Yahoo weather App taking up space on my home screen.

Problem is, each app does different things very well, so I like to have all three... and as mentioned, because they all get their weather info from different sources, the second and third opinions can be quite helpful (not to mention confusing) in the transitional seasons of spring and autumn.

Other than that, I use my phone for the odd call and text during the day, and an hour or two of web browsing / ebay purchasing during the evenings and weekends.

No games, no fancy screen savers.

I did set the phone into power save mode (which should cut the maximum speed of the CPU) but it was still painfully slow that I disabled this (which still didn't improve performance!)

I rarely use mobile data or Bluetooth, but I keep wireless on all day, which is handy when I'm at work or at home

Is it the best mobile phone now or has sony/samsung beaten it? Looking to order the 6 plus as i am bored with my S4. Enjoy using the iphone 4S as it is so user friendly.i got a samsumg 4S now. What should i buy. Note3 . S5 or 6plus

if this is how you feel keep with Apple, I know I enjoy using the Apple ios more than any flavor of Android no matter what hardware it is on.

A bit disappointed really - it would have been nice to see a 4" iphone 6 option. Not everyone wants a huge screen.

The 5.5 reminds me of my old galaxy note - which I found too big for a phone, not big enough for a tablet replacement.

But why are you considering a Note 3, when the Note 4 and Note edge just came out?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2742253/Samsung-unveils-Galaxy-Note-Edge-complete-curved-EDGES-Slick-new-feature-displays-notifications-phablet.html

Personally I would prefer the Sony Z3 Compact over any of these big beasts.

---------- Post added 10-09-2014 at 06:15 ----------

Its £699 for the phone. Dont really want to pay top dollar and have all hardware secondbest

But hardware specs alone don't make a good phone.

Even the iPhone 5s out performs the 'faster' Samsung s5 in real world user tests (things like opening the camera, launching games, rendering web pages).

You wouldn't judge a car based purely on the size of the engine.

Its £699 for the phone. Dont really want to pay top dollar and have all hardware secondbest

These are the prices to buy outright

Phone 6:

16gb £539

64gb £619

128gb £699

iPhone 6 Plus:

16gb £619

64gb £699

128gb £789

So there are cheaper options than paying £699. Just depends which you want.

Also just because some of the specs are lower than other handsets doesn't mean the hardware is second best. If the software can work on lower spec hardware as good as or better than a higher spec phone needs to run its software then surely that makes it more advanced.

Naughty boy, cutting out the middle of that sentence and changed it's meaning entirely :nono:

I said:

"If you want the latest tech in a usable handset, buy an iPhone."

"But if [you] want to be an early adopter of the latest tech no matter how useless it is...buy a Samsung"

Samsung rush to be first into the market, with stupid things that sound great but don't always work, such as airwave gestures, (where you wave at the phone and it does your bidding) and automatically scrolling through a webpage by scanning which direction your eyes are looking.

Why? Why spend millions developing useless features that (a) don't work properly and that (b) nobody will ever use?

It's latest tech, but not usable in a real-world environment.

And you're being very tunnel visioned by focusing on Samsung products. I have a Nexus 5 and all of its features work as designed, including nfc and wireless charging, something Apple haven't figured yet.

My handset is a year old and running just as it did on day one. It also outspecs the iPhone 6 and costs half as much for the top model.

These are the prices to buy outright

Phone 6:

16gb £539

64gb £619

128gb £699

iPhone 6 Plus:

16gb £619

64gb £699

128gb £789

So there are cheaper options than paying £699. Just depends which you want.

Also just because some of the specs are lower than other handsets doesn't mean the hardware is second best. If the software can work on lower spec hardware as good as or better than a higher spec phone needs to run its software then surely that makes it more advanced.

If you can pay the extra £100 for 64 GB then the 16 GB model is a false economy !!!

And you're being very tunnel visioned by focusing on Samsung products. I have a Nexus 5 and all of its features work as designed, including nfc and wireless charging, something Apple haven't figured yet.

My handset is a year old and running just as it did on day one. It also outspecs the iPhone 6 and costs half as much for the top model.

^This ^

I have a Nexus4 and it works fine... It will be two (for me) in Feb and I suspect I'll get another 18 months or so out of it. Shame its not for sale in the UK anymore

A Nexus 5 has all if not more than the iPhone6 specs and almost half the price!

Is iOS really worth £250+ to run?

Samsung Galaxy S5 the Best Value Smartphone available now,Batterylife is Superb plus you can buy extra batteries an change them when ever you want,also you put a 64gb micro sd card inside the phone,Camera Spot on,Apple did not seem to think about the Price Upgrade releasing Larger Screen Phones,so iPhone 6 to Expensive for alot of People,but Apple thinks because of there Name that Anything they Release that All consumers can Afford to Buy there Products,but thats not Right

Archived