What are your views on Kingdom nightclub?

xBex21x

Does anybody know what happened on Wednesday at Kingdom? I've heard so many rumours... was anybody here actually there?

I've read all of the posts on this forum - I went to the hallam nights at Kingdom in my first year (2003) and I generally had a good time, that being said we had a good time no matter where we went in our first year!! I haven't been this year and to be honest don't think we've missed out.

Anyway, the reason I've posted is because I've heard that Kingdom is closing down (forever or 6 months, one of the two) and last night was the last ever Hallam night and some of our more intellectually challenged students had suggested chaining themselves/handcuffing themselves to the venue in some sort of protest to keep it open (?) - I don't know whether this happened, but today I heard that some of the Hallam students had scolding hot water poured on them, bleach or cleaning agents poured on them, and ice thrown at them from both the staff and security team there. Some have reported it to the police apparently.

Does anybody know what happened exactly and why?

Archived