What happens to the UK election if Scotland votes for independence?

I hope Wales Go independent if the Scottish get a yes vote.

Then I hope London goes independent. I hope the entire country splits into small independent states. Yorkshire would be the jewel in the crown of this small island.

The sooner we have to stop taking orders from the institutionalised, corporate, rich kids in Westminster, the better!!

What and reinstate petty wars such as those in the Dark Age?

even Welsh nationalists don't want Welsh independence.

even they know that it was never a proper country at any time, like Scotland was. Cardiff did not even become capital until 1905. Before that they did not have one at all.

What and reinstate petty wars such as those in the Dark Age?

Who said anything about war?

---------- Post added 17-09-2014 at 10:22 ----------

even Welsh nationalists don't want Welsh independence.

even they know that it was never a proper country at any time, like Scotland was. Cardiff did not even become capital until 1905. Before that they did not have one at all.

The people interviewed on radio 2 the other day didn't seem to share your opinion.

Ok, I'll bite, how have labour always screwed things up?

Attlee, brought in Commonwealth Act that has lead to mass immigration from all over the world. also NHS which, although well intentioned is too expensive and is failing. Failed to rescue economy after 2nd world war.

Wilson/Callaghan Wilson was a soviet spy, between them Wilson and Callaghan surrendered power to Trade Unions, ruined economy to the extent that Thatcher became inevitable.

Blair/Brown, Mass murderers, ruined economy.

Next question?

When do we get to know the result of the vote?

If the counting goes well, we should know by Friday morning.

I'm guessing that a lot of Scots will be calling in sick this Friday?!

---------- Post added 17-09-2014 at 12:54 ----------

Because that that was what the Dark Age was all about, little warring kingdoms

Thanks for the history lesson, but we're not in the dark ages any more.

I hope Wales Go independent if the Scottish get a yes vote.

Then I hope London goes independent. I hope the entire country splits into small independent states. Yorkshire would be the jewel in the crown of this small island.

You'd end up with a Federation on the e.g. US or German model...and look how that's working out for them, insofar as taking orders from the institutionalised, corporate, rich kids in Westminster Washington and Berlin is concerned, these days ;)

In a globalised economy, 'smaller' is absolutely not 'better', the smaller guys simply have less chips and worse hands than the bigger guys to play with at the table.

You'd end up with a Federation on the e.g. US or German model...and look how that's working out for them, insofar as taking orders from the institutionalised, corporate, rich kids in Westminster Washington and Berlin is concerned, these days ;)

In a globalised economy, 'smaller' is absolutely not 'better', the smaller guys simply have less chips and worse hands than the bigger guys to play with at the table.

I don't want a chair at that table any more. I would like to break away from everything that's corporate. I don't like being governed by money.

I don't want a chair at that table any more. I would like to break away from everything that's corporate. I don't like being governed by money.
Laudable and lofty enough...but if you don't sit at the table, you don't get to have any portion of the stake.

So tell me, Mr Bonzo, will you still feel that way when you earn half as much but must pay twice as much to heat your home and put food on the table?

It's a rethorical question of course, asked with a healthy dose of cynicism to be sure, but I'm sure you get my drift...And if the Scots vote to go it alone, it won't be long until you can witness the inevitable truth of it.

Archived