GATE PRICES (review)

POUNDSWORTH

I'm not sure that we needed the obvious dig in the OP, but it is an interesting topic for discussion.

I've always been surprised that clubs allow thousands of empty seats week after week. I don't think that reducing prices would have much impact, but a bit of imaginative thinking would help. Each empty seat is a wasted opportunity to make money.

I'd like Wednesday to try some unreserved seating. I first started going in the 70s. I used to turn up to the same spot on the Kop and meet my mates. We never knew who was coming, but we knew that we could stand together to watch the match. You can't do that now and it must affect the walk up supporters. There is an ideal space in the South Stand which could easily become unreserved seating, then casual fans could turn up and sit together.

I'd also like to see more family ticket offers. It is over £50 for a parent and child on the South, these days. Yet the stand is half empty. Why not offer a free kid's ticket with every adult one? Make a day out affordable and bring on the next generation.

I would like to see an all round cheaper rate, the middle aged single attendee is short changed more often than not, paying full price while family , and youngster offers are a lot more common, i understand the reasoning, but loyalty deserves a reward too, not just the johny come latelys and the drifters .

Sibon, the Owls have already introduced the kid for a quid scheme this season, at least once, it did not work.

As for the opening post, if your offended Sibon., you can always use your report button AGAIN. Man up, the thread has been very reasoned and friendly until now.

Anyone know the details of the Exeter reductions?

Archived