Anyone at king Edward VII (Broomhill)who recalls "Springvale Annexe"

goldenfleece

Anyone who was at KES in Broomhill and had lessons or any activites at the now demolished Springvale Annexe building below Lynwood, please post on here. I am doing some extensive research and need some help with classes and other activities that took place at this fairly remote part of the school.

This will only concern you if you were either teaching or a student at KES from 1974 when the site was acquired from the LEA, up to the early 90's when the site was abandoned by KES and sold to developers. I have very mixed information about the site, some say it was used by Domestic Science department in the 1970's, but I remember it for English Lit seminars and also a 6th form common room area on the upper floor. ANYTHING you can recall will be important as information has been incredibly hard to come by to date.

SPRINGVALE house/Annexe should not be confused with the old music department, Lynwood House, now the Francis Newton, or Melbourne Annexe, which was used for various lessons until being sold to the High School next door. Springvale was a large detached house at the bottom of Lynwood gardens adjacent to the end of Gloucester Crescent. It was accessed from both lynwood and Park Crescent off Park Lane.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone who was at KES in Broomhill and had lessons or any activites at the now demolished Springvale Annexe building below Lynwood, please post on here. I am doing some extensive research and need some help with classes and other activities that took place at this fairly remote part of the school.

This will only concern you if you were either teaching or a student at KES from 1974 when the site was acquired from the LEA, up to the early 90's when the site was abandoned by KES and sold to developers. I have very mixed information about the site, some say it was used by Domestic Science department in the 1970's, but I remember it for English Lit seminars and also a 6th form common room area on the upper floor. ANYTHING you can recall will be important as information has been incredibly hard to come by to date.

SPRINGVALE house/Annexe should not be confused with the old music department, Lynwood House, now the Francis Newton, or Melbourne Annexe, which was used for various lessons until being sold to the High School next door. Springvale was a large detached house at the bottom of Lynwood gardens adjacent to the end of Gloucester Crescent. It was accessed from both lynwood and Park Crescent off Park Lane.

I also remember it as a 6th form refuge, there was a kitchen staffed by dinner ladies..but I'm pretty sure that didnt last long. Can't recall any lessons being taught there, but domestic science is certainly a possibility.

Archived