Will you buy an Apple watch?

The simple answer to the thread question is...Nope...Not a chance in hell.

Remember the old casio 'calculator' watches?...I see it as not much better than that...and waaay too fiddly....Not to mention the fact that my eyes ain't what they used to be....Do I really want to put my glasses on to see the time?...Nope....

Before spending £260 on your prison tag, bare this in mind...........

Apple are currently holding $100 billion offshore, literally enough to end world poverty!

Apple use 'sweat shop' labour camps where workers are forced to work 15 hour days, with no breaks, for the equivalent of £40 a month, with no contact with the outside world. They are also guilty of using child labour.

The point isn't whether we should be buying Apples products. The point is, Apple should be creating their products in a more ethical way.

average wage in China is a lot more then 40 amonth

average wage in China is a lot more then 40 amonth

You could increase it to 4k a week, wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to me buying an apple watch or not, and that would apply even if I had 20-20 vision.

No, not interested. I don't have a mobile phone anyway, but if I had one it wouldn't be an overpriced iPhone, no matter how much I like the Macbook Air and iPad.

btw: What I find really annoying is that the BBC decided to include this launch in the 6 o'clock news. I didn't see them do that when Samsung and LG released their watches.

In china people have to work for food and roof over head. benefit system is not like uk, Hence you had people working for peanuts. but with strong growth last few years average wage has gone up to £500 amonth

---------- Post added 10-03-2015 at 11:00 ----------

No, not interested. I don't have a mobile phone anyway, but if I had one it wouldn't be an overpriced iPhone, no matter how much I like the Macbook Air and iPad.

btw: What I find really annoying is that the BBC decided to include this launch in the 6 o'clock news. I didn't see them do that when Samsung and LG released their watches.

how much did your PC cost you? how much is your pc worth now?

how much did your PC cost you? how much is your pc worth now?

I am entirely unsure what the point of your question is, it is also difficult to answer as I don't know which PC you are referring to. But just to amuse you, this is being written on a cheap (£450) Toshiba 16" laptop that acts as my office-computer. I have a gaming PC, that has been unconnected for half a year now, that cost me about 600£ to put together over the years.

Both wouldn't be worth more than 100£. If your point is that Apple gear holds its value, I agree entirely, but that alone doesn't make me want to buy it, it also has to fit in with the function I envisage for it. A mobile phone, should I get one back, for me only has to make phonecalls. I'll use the MB Air or iPad for other stuff on the move. So getting an Apple Watch would do me no good.

I can see this product fall flat on its face frankly, Apple do get it wrong at times, it wouldn't be the first time nor the last.

I don't know if its wrong but I can't see a direction for it.

When Apple did away with the floppy and went USB and Firewire I got it, I even understood the Newton but the watch I don't get especially up to now it looks like the same insides in all incarnations.

As to the iPhone it is something I couldn't do without as it fits into all aspects of my work and especially not having or using a home phone, cost its usually not too far away from what Samsung charge for their top of the line range anyway.

Edited by xdbx

Now I've been a serious Mac user since 1986 and have often questioned some of the changes and prices but this has me scratching my head, I really just don't get what its for?
Right now, it's not "for" anything...just like the iPad wasn't "for" anything which couldn't already be done on a laptop or emerging smartphones, <etc.>

But give it a year and a bit, as that's what Apple is really rather good at: engineering demand for their products ;)