Will you buy an Apple watch?

I imagine that the screen size of phone watch would be fairly impractical all it would be really good for would be to tell you that you missed a call or have a text on your mobile and I assume the time and of course to enable you to be tracked, just like smart phones do.

But as I'm thinking about giving up my mobile phone and never wear a watch I will not be getting one.

and for the reasons already stated I would not buy an apple product anyway.

It's not a phone.....you still need a separate phone.

true. Also Bonzo77 has also no clue about what wages are actually paid in the developing world for prestigious jobs, like in component factories for companies like Samsung, etc.

Why does that matter?? Does it change the fact that Apple use sweat shops to produce their goods?

(Although they never want to sock it to the Asian imaged brands, like Toshiba or Samsung ; it always has to be the western ones, like Apple, Reebok, or Mcdonalds).

They're all as bed as each other. I chose Apple because it's topical, as they've just released a new product, which is aimed at affluent people.

In component factories in the poorer countries of Asia they are getting paid much more, than whoever is behind the food stall outside the factory gates. Have you, Bonzo77, ever actually met somebody who works in a Samsung or Toshiba type factory in somewhere like China, the Philippines, or Thailand?

No, I haven't, are you trying to tell me that my OP isn't correct?

if you had, you would know that they get paid a lot more than the equivalent of £40, for a weeks work - that is why the jobs are highly prized in the local economy. It is low paid work by western standards for sure. But if they get started on Monday morning, they will receive that, £40, by about Wednesday afternoon.

as they've just released a new product, which is aimed at affluent people.

Since 2007, Apple have sold over 500,000,000 iPhones. Not just affluent people, they're very affordable on contract hence the number of sales? They are the smartphone of choice. The masses have spoken.

I suggest you buy an iPhone 6 and iwatch when it is launched.

JOIN US!

Since 2007, Apple have sold over 500,000,000 iPhones. Not just affluent people, they're very affordable on contract hence the number of sales? They are the smartphone of choice. The masses have spoken.

I suggest you buy an iPhone 6 and iwatch when it is launched.

JOIN US!

I prefer android phones. IPhones are far too small. Even this new one. Having said that, you've totally missed the point.

The phones and the watches are 2 different things. The phones can be paid for over a 2 year contract, making them affordable. The watches are not phones. They cost about £260. That's a lot of money for a watch.

No, but not for any of the reasons the OP gave. It seems to assume that only Apple behave like this and only Apple that use certain companies for manufacturing when there are only a few companies that do manufacturing for many mainstream companies.

I just don't want anything Apple-related, no appeal.