The Blue Stoops - Dronfield

AndyP728

It is is sad as this is my local. It has been closed for some months, I have had many a happy night drinking in there I hope it's reopened soon as a Pub I fear it may be turned into something else. Good old Dronadale as I call it or The Bubble ha ha. I am not sure to be honest it is hard to tell what is going on when you walk past.:(

Edited by DaisyDuke84
Spelling Error

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Its such a shame as i think could be a really good pub- it has the space, the location and i think dronfield is missing a really big pub like that.

I agree Scott. Plans for the refurb still in place on the council website. I only found out recently that the building is listed too. It just seems such a waste, and looks a bit of an eye sore at the moment with the metal fencing up.

Problem here is that there are quite a few pubs in Dronfield.... The Stoops is just another victim.... the Bridge closed a couple of years ago, and is now flats, the Rock is now an Indian restaurant..... There are more supermarkets now, all selling decent bottled ales at good prices.. It is a sign of the times, eh?