David Haines & Alan Henning have been murdered.

I suspect it will not be in our lifetime.I find it difficult to control my anger towards his killer at the moment.I hope jihadi john gets whats coming to him and he gets his martyrdom.RIP Alan Henning you did not deserve that you were a good man.

i hope he doesnt get martydom, cos thats what he wants, lifetime in a prison cell maybe

i hope he doesnt get martydom, cos thats what he wants, lifetime in a prison cell maybe

I think that would be a further insult to the people of Britain if we have to put our hands in our pockets to pay for him to be in prison while he no doubt would then try to claim human rights through the european court.If the americans identify him he will definitely not be coming back to the UK alive.

Alan Henning, like David Haines, was a man who was prepared to risk his own life for the good of strangers, and is now also dead.

Thank you for making the world a better place with your selfless acts of love. Such goodness as you have demonstrated is a triumph over all evil.

God bless you and keep you, Alan Henning and David Haines. xxxxxx

What he wants is to live in an Islamic state, to fight for that cause, live and die as a martyr, and spend eternity in paradise. Martyrdom involves suffering or dieing for a religious cause, so suffering in prison will make him a martyr, killing him won't give him what he wants because he won't get to spend eternity in paradise.

---------- Post added 04-10-2014 at 07:22 ----------

Alan Henning, like David Haines, was a man who was prepared to risk his own life for the good of strangers, and is now also dead.

Thank you for making the world a better place with your selfless acts of love. Such goodness as you have demonstrated is a triumph over all evil.

God bless you and keep you, Alan Henning and David Haines. xxxxxx

And the world will remember them much longer than they remember the extremist that killed him.

Edited by firemanbob

Definitely.

On bread and water, preferably.

The Quran tells us not to repay good with evil. We are to repay even evil with good.

Alan Henning went over there to provide aid to the needy. He was an aid worker, not a combatant. There's no justification for this evil act, morally or religiously.

And the world will remember them much longer than they remember the extremist that killed him.

I wish that were true, but I think it'll be the opposite. The amount of attention they're getting and the medieval slaughtering they're committing will see them remembered for a long time, unfortunately.