Ending world poverty

How has it got worse since the last war? Life expectancy up, people going to university up, infant mortality down etc etc. Where is it worse?

People have to pay for their further education. The gap between rich and poor in increasing rapidly. People are working more hours than ever before.

People have to pay for their further education. The gap between rich and poor in increasing rapidly. People are working more hours than ever before.

As there ever been a time in history when it wasn't increasing and there are also millions of people that are not working more hours than ever before.

Goes back to the days of Deuteronomy:

"For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’"

Interesting statistic I picked up on YouTube where an American General is addressing an audience stating that the World's population never exceeded 1 million until 1830 - Our material consumption rate is 7 times what natural resources we have.

So a planned pandemic seems to be the way forward!

No, but people are leaving university with debts the size of a mortgage.

And your point is? People are stupid for going to university? They'll make more money with a degree? An educated population is better overall for the country? Some students **** it up against a wall while doing a degree in klingon?

And your point is? People are stupid for going to university? They'll make more money with a degree? An educated population is better overall for the country? Some students **** it up against a wall while doing a degree in klingon?

Graduates have a ball and chain as soon as they leave university. If they don't go straight into a high salary job, they'll be paying back their loan for half their lives. I feel so sorry for those that have a £20,000 debt and are earning as little as £16,000 - £18,000 a year working an office job that they had to take due to a lack of jobs.

Graduates have a ball and chain as soon as they leave university. If they don't go straight into a high salary job, they'll be paying back their loan for half their lives. I feel so sorry for those that have a £20,000 debt and are earning as little as £16,000 - £18,000 a year working an office job that they had to take due to a lack of jobs.

Get a better job then or don't go yo university. Or, go to university and study a degree in David Beckham but don't whinge about getting a middling job afterwards! Choose a better degree or cast your job seeking net further than south Yorkshire ( or the UK) or don't get a degree at all - plenty of EU migrants are.coming in earning more than that without that level of qualification.

I know graduates who recently came out of university - one stacks shelves at Tesco, one earn a thousands a week. One made good decisions, one, well, sort of drifted which is why he stacking shelves at Tesco.

Edited by tinfoilhat
needed to check where my friend the graduate is working.

Get a better job then or don't go yo university. Or, go to university and study a degree in David Beckham but don't whinge about getting a middling job afterwards! Choose a better degree or cast your job seeking net further than south Yorkshire ( or the UK) or don't get a degree at all - plenty of EU migrants are.coming in earning more than that without that level of qualification.

I know graduates who recently came out of university - one stacks shelves at Tesco, one earn a thousands a week. One made good decisions, one, well, sort of drifted which is why he stacking shelves at Tesco.

And I know plenty of people that studied hard and didn't 'drift', yet still struggled to get into the profession that they wanted, due to a lack of jobs. Yes, they could probably make their career moves later in life when things pick up, but they've got kids, mortgages, other debts. Life has to move on.