Broomhall Flats

there's a large thread about the flats on here. lots of people have fond, (And not so fond!) memories of the flats.

if you hit the search button, under the heading"Forum Contents" (<<< on the left of this page) and perform a search, you can find the thread.

PT

Thanks Plain Talker. Have just spent over an hour reading peoples memories of the flats. Was great reading as I have fond memories of them. I have gone past the area where they were several times and each time I still expect to see them.

Did anyone live on Broomhall Flats? I did as a kid up until 1979 when the council rehoused my family due to the up and coming demolition of them.

ididnt live on the flats but i was there nearly everyday i was the housing inspector at that time and could tell a tale or two

You lived there the same time as me dynamicdebz. My family, the Pearsons lived on Fitzwilliam Row. My dad was Syd, mum Janet, who for a time worked is the newspaper shop across from The Domino, my sister Judith and me I'm Jayne. My sister and me went to Springfield but you might know 2 girls who were our friends and lived on the same row who went to St Silas. Their names Sarah and Ruthie Jewel.

Archived