£1m police bill for the demonstration in Rotherham??

trav4

If you read up then it isnt £1m its actually £500,000 because 1,000 officers were deployed. I expect iif they had got the numbers wrong and there had either been clashes or they had ransacked the city centre then there could have been much more damage and disruption. 90% of the attendees were from outside Rotherham, so not sure how they would have known how many would have shown up.

1500 hundred cops paid double time hotel bills for some/expences to get them to Rotherham/helicopter flying about all day if you can think of anything else please add

Was there really 1500 police on duty, how many demonstrators were there??.

Why did they need hotels to stay in?.

If you read up then it isnt £1m its actually £500,000 because 1,000 officers were deployed. I expect iif they had got the numbers wrong and there had either been clashes or they had ransacked the city centre then there could have been much more damage and disruption. 90% of the attendees were from outside Rotherham, so not sure how they would have known how many would have shown up.

I am only going on what the police have said on calendar news tonight which is £1m, as for not knowing how many would turn up it was estimated that up to 1200 would turn up by the police.

Even is there was 1000 police there to police a demonstration of 1200 people with four arrests it still works out at £1000 per policeman on duty.

---------- Post added 15-09-2014 at 18:56 ----------

Because police from other areas were brought in.

Yes like they are for the Sheffield football Derby games mainly from other Yorkshire areas and no hotels needed.

I am only going on what the police have said on calendar news tonight which is £1m, as for not knowing how many would turn up it was estimated that up to 1200 would turn up by the police.

Even is there was 1000 police there to police a demonstration of 1200 people with four arrests it still works out at £1000 per policeman on duty.

---------- Post added 15-09-2014 at 18:56 ----------

Yes like they are for the Sheffield football Derby games mainly from other Yorkshire areas and no hotels needed.

Who said these coppers came from other Yorkshire forces?

Archived