Vouchers instead of change on Sheffield busses

phoppy1

Some HSBC machines contain £5 notes.

And in some countries ATM's will issue 2 separate currencies (Eg Swiss Francs and Euros near the borders), as they often have 4 note carrying cassettes or hoppers. However, as I previously said, the vast majority of machines now issue £10 and £20 notes. ATMs aren't cheap, and operators choose the model and configuration best suited for their needs.

But the more prepayment passes and tickets that are issued the less cash will be taken on the bus, so less change will be available. The problem will get worse until ALL cash is eliminated on board.

• 3 months later...
Just went on the Stagecoach bus yesterday and picked up a leaflet "promoting" this for the benefit of passengers and drivers. I cannot see how it benefits passengers. They get a voucher that they have to use within a month.

It's not necessarily a month. It's the last day of the following month. So if you received a voucher on the 15th of feb you have until the 31st march to redeem it. Most vouchers I have refunded have been on the same day the passengers have received them.

Just went on the Stagecoach bus yesterday and picked up a leaflet "promoting" this for the benefit of passengers and drivers. I cannot see how it benefits passengers. They get a voucher that they have to use within a month.

The benefit is you aren't denied boarding if you don't have the change to pay for your ticket...

certainly true , i lived in London for about 6 yrs , i still have oyster when i visit they should have them everywhere lot easier

Foxy78

I think the oyster card is a wonderful system. I agree they should have it here as well. It would solve a lot of problems.

i had no change for my 3.80 day ticket and gave driver 20.00 i apologised for not having change and he had no problem giving me change so not sure what bus company you used to get vouchers ?

foxy78

He might have had problems giving the next person change!! I can't believe offering £20 for a fare less than £5.