Vouchers instead of change on Sheffield busses

phoppy1

Caught a bus today at just before dinner time, unfortunately I didn't have any change on me so I had to use a twenty pound note, the fair was only a pound.

The driver gave me a credit note for 19 pounds and explained just cash it on your next bus, fine I thought.

It took me 6 buses to get my money back, I was stood around in the rain for nearly two hours stopping buses for my money.

Has this happened to anyone else, it's a complete joke, they should either carry change before they start or take a leaf out of Londons book and have a pass/ticket only transport system.

Caught a bus today at just before dinner time, unfortunately I didn't have any change on me so I had to use a twenty pound note, the fair was only a pound.

The driver gave me a credit note for 19 pounds and explained just cash it on your next bus, fine I thought.

It took me 6 buses to get my money back, I was stood around in the rain for nearly two hours stopping buses for my money.

Has this happened to anyone else, it's a complete joke, they should either carry change before they start or take a leaf out of Londons book and have a pass/ticket only transport system.

Can sort of see why the driver didn't have much change with him at that time on a Sunday morning mate to be fair and without knocking you most people would try and make arrangements to have some smaller money on the as I would imagine most bus drivers would simply knock you back if you try and pay with a £20.

Me personally I wouldn't have accepted the credit note I would have jumped off and waited for the next bus or something simply out of principal. Can definitely see the drivers point though and it seems to me like money grab bus operators simply ensuring that they keep the fare and don't lose a customer.

Can sort of see why the driver didn't have much change with him at that time on a Sunday morning mate to be fair and without knocking you most people would try and make arrangements to have some smaller money on the as I would imagine most bus drivers would simply knock you back if you try and pay with a £20.

Me personally I wouldn't have accepted the credit note I would have jumped off and waited for the next bus or something simply out of principal. Can definitely see the drivers point though and it seems to me like money grab bus operators simply ensuring that they keep the fare and don't lose a customer.

To be fair fella I kinda agree there was no where to get any change, but the next buss waz half hour away and it was peeing it down, I didn't mind the 2nd bus driver not having any change but to take 6 drivers and he said no at first was pretty crap.

the buses were few and far between as well and its the only money I had on me at the time.