What's the point of having a personalised number plate?

Weeeell - second link, post 10 (still Mecky):

"I always wondered why people have personalised number plates anyway."

:thumbsup:

And?....What point are you making?....Sorry if I'm being a plank...I don't 'get it'...Nothing new there for me I guess...that's what makes my threads entertaining...

A) Mecky's comment echoed your thread title almost exactly.

B) I was pulling your leg.

Hahahaaha...Oh well....I did see there were threads that were sort of vaguely similar...But didn't match the title of the thread I posed....and I wasn't going to trawl through them all....I'm just a human being...Yep...I'm a mod, but I'm no different to anyone else on here...Got my own views...got my own quirks...etc ...etc....I'm just the same as anyone else...I'm not a super-being....

Reading this thread it does seem that those who are attracted to personalised number plates are also the ones who like to boast on internet forums about how much they've got (money, houses) etc; yet they also seem to be the very same people who either have multiple user names, and / or come across as somewhat lacking.

I wonder why...?

I wouldn,t have one given to me,nothing shouts out plonker like a £100 quid private plate which is that crap that they have to put there name in letters at the bottom of the plate so that you can work out what it says.Most of them appear to mean nothing at all.I knew somebody who had one that had nothing in common with his name whatsoever and admitted that it just looked good on his jag parked in his driveway.I was told he was defficient in a certain area by one of his ex girlfriends.